Heater question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How'd the ich battle going?

The fish with ICH died. But no other fish have shown any signs of ICH what so ever the fully. My black ruby barbs finally came in today; ordered them two weeks ago, last week they didn't come and LFS re ordered them this week and they came. Also got two ornate rainbows to see how I like them, and I like them a lot so going back sometime soon to get 3 more oranates :)

Yeah I placed a large order from them according to FedEx it will be here next Wednesday. I bought a used 36 gallon saltwater setup that had a stealth heater which were recalled and I called the company and they sent me a brand new marineland 150watt visi therm heater for free :)

That's awesome, sucks the heater was recalled but good to know they have good customer service!

Yeah. Well I only paid 150 bucks for the, whole setup skimmer, hob filter, heater,36 gallon bow front, rock, sand, powerhead and some other stuff

Let's stay on topic please... ;)

Any ideas on what? Also the (not sure why the technical term is) what I call the trim around the top of the tank is broken a good ways around it on the inside... Here's a picture to better help you see what I'm taking about incase what I said didn't make sense lol.

Looks like the tank's previous owner Dremeled the trim to fit a filter on the tank. Not that uncommon. Doesn't look broken to me, but rather intentional.

Those Coralife digital thermometers are not the greatest IMO. We have about 10 of them and they all seem to read different temps, even tested in the same tank. None ever match the old skool suction cup thermometers. Disappointing.

Ebo Jagers are fantastic for the price IMO. I have some that I got used in 2006 that still work great. Actually, I have never had one fail. Good stuff, you will love it.

Let's stay on topic please... ;)

Looks like the tank's previous owner Dremeled the trim to fit a filter on the tank. Not that uncommon. Doesn't look broken to me, but rather intentional.

Those Coralife digital thermometers are not the greatest IMO. We have about 10 of them and they all seem to read different temps, even tested in the same tank. None ever match the old skool suction cup thermometers. Disappointing.

Ebo Jagers are fantastic for the price IMO. I have some that I got used in 2006 that still work great. Actually, I have never had one fail. Good stuff, you will love it.

It's no biggie, I've left the tank without a good/canopy and actually like the look of it being open :) I am excited about my heater, I've read nothing but good things about them. And to think I was about to buy an Aquatop heater of amazon for $4 less than what I paid for the eheim! So glad I didn't get the one from amazon! That's good to know they've worked so well for you, I hope mine does too!

Just as an update... Eheim heater arrived today :) I finally have a heater that works! Currently my tank is at 80 degrees. As dumb as it may be... I'm excited to finally have a heater that does it job properly.

Any sign of ich?

None what so ever on any of my fish thankfully. Everything is going smoothly, all my water params are perfect, even after adding fish thankfully. Plants are growing well from what I can tell.

Also with my heater came root tabs and seachem plant pack enchancer NPK and a liquid co2 booster. Root tabs are in, hoping they work well for my plants.

Back
Top Bottom