Heater question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now I have a new thermometer.. I have both heaters cranked up as high as they will go... And it's right at 80 degrees; even after having both turned up as high as it will go for going on 4 hours. I'm taking this heater back to Walmart to tomorrow and getting one from LFS.

Yeah sounds like there is something wrong with it. I just can't believe one isn't raising it up enough

Me either. It heats, just not like it's supposed too. There's no use in having it if it doesn't do what it should.

Yeah. I barely have my 100 watt turned up and it keeps my 20 gallon at 77 degrees even when I have out heat set at 68

This is my point exactly. I just hope they take it back at Walmart.

I have 1 200w ebo jager in a 75 and delt with ich about a month ago. I was able to go from 78 to 86 in 24hrs. I dont think the heater you have is capable of the temp it claims. 2 200 w heaters in a 55 you should be able to cook the fish. Just my thoughts. But i do have a glass top on the 75 that seals in the heat and cuts down on evap greatly compared to my other tank that just has a plastic hood.

I have 1 200w ebo jager in a 75 and delt with ich about a month ago. I was able to go from 78 to 86 in 24hrs. I dont think the heater you have is capable of the temp it claims. 2 200 w heaters in a 55 you should be able to cook the fish. Just my thoughts. But i do have a glass top on the 75 that seals in the heat and cuts down on evap greatly compared to my other tank that just has a plastic hood.

This tank is also without the hood, I actually prefer the look of no hood. I even 'made'
A temporary hood with an old glass pane and a 30g plastic hood and even then that didn't help hold in much heat at all.

How'd you make out with your heater. Able to return it?

Was able to return it. Bills got in the way of buying one from LFS so I'm making do with the ones I have. I have on in my amazon cart I plan on buying soon, it's a 300w with a temp dial.

Lol. Yup. I know how that goes. I've got wigglers so purchased some new tanks for breeding and still trying to figure out how to heat them.

Lol. Yup. I know how that goes. I've got wigglers so purchased some new tanks for breeding and still trying to figure out how to heat them.

Look on amazon for Heaters. The one I have in my cart is $16.99 for a 300w. Not a name brand but it has good reviews from what I found.

Ordered one last night, drsfosterandsmith was having an awesome sale! An eheim jager 200w for $19.99! Waiting on it to get here!

Yeah I placed a large order from them according to FedEx it will be here next Wednesday. I bought a used 36 gallon saltwater setup that had a stealth heater which were recalled and I called the company and they sent me a brand new marineland 150watt visi therm heater for free :)

I like foster and smith . I like their brand filters. They are low priced and its only 11 bucks for a 24 pack of filter cartridges

Back
Top Bottom