Heater question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, unplugged heaters for an hour, just plugged them up. Let's see how this goes.

Ok. I really think its the thermometer. I stuck my hand in the tank it's considerably warmer.

Perhaps a trip to lfs for a thermometer is in your future. Glad to hear the water is warmer. Careful it doesn't get to warm to fast. Perhaps it might be a good idea to get a couple of thermometers as a back up

So I get to Walmart... No thermometers to speak of; sold out. Only the digital ones that stick on the side of the tank and I didnt even bother with them. And by the time I got out of Walmart... LFS was closed. Just my luck.

I think she is talking about the sticker thermometers that you stick on the side and they change colors. They call those digital for some unknown reason

Yup, that's the one. I never understood how they are 'digital' myself.

FINALLY got a thermometer. I turned my heaters down some, but the new thermometer is closer to 80, closer than the old one was. Glad to have this problem resolved! The fish that had ICH died anyway. I'm still going to raise the temp some for atleast another week just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom