heater questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m.parker

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
are jager heaters good? i just got my 46 bowfront... i am thinking 2 150w jagers

Most heaters are good. Visitherm Stealth are a high recommend brand of choice in these forums.

I'm very happy with my Jager. I haven't used a stealth, but I think if I buy a new one (fat chance, since I have two or three extras already) I might try the brand, since everyone's happy with it. But I have zero complaints with the Jager, it's easy to set, I like the black look, and it hasn't died or had thermostat problems (although I would recommend using a real thermometer to check any heater, the dial can often be innacurate).

Actually, I can see buying one if my oscars finally manage to kill the heater they have. The plastic casing would be good for them. But I don't think you'd regret going with any of the name brands at this point, I'd just avoid the $10 Wal-Mart bargain bin ones.

I was a huge fan of Ebo Jagers in the past (I have one that's almost 12 years old now), but I'm sorry to say I've been really unhappy with all of the newer, non-submersible Jagers I've purchased. Out of four heaters, I only trust one-- to the point that I gave the other three to a friend.

I replaced those three with Hydor heaters and I've been really happy with the results.

Voodoo Chilli I didn't even know they're producing nonsubmersible heaters. I'm using a TS submersible. I looked, and it bugs me a bit that they've been producing nonsubmersible heaters that look so much like submersible ones.

Really, I'd never buy anything but a submersible heater. It's just a bad idea to hang something not entirely waterproof into a container of water.

Are they not submersible or are they only labeled that way? I remember a few discussions about certain heaters being marked as non-submersible because of certain regulations in Canada. But many members said that they used them completely submersed with no problems.

Nope, those new Jagers are NOT submersible. Not only that, the quality isn't there anymore either. Like I said, in the past I wouldn't buy anything but Ebo Jager heaters; now, I'm using Hydor.

Back
Top Bottom