hello everybody

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diabloNtash

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm new and just wanted to show off my babies. I have an Oscar name diablo and syndontis catfish I havnt named him yet though

ForumRunner_20120421_135924.jpg

ForumRunner_20120421_140106.jpg

What kind of fish do you have? And isn't he beautiful when I saved him from Walmart he was very shy and I thought he was gonna die on me but now he very use to me and gets all excited swims up and down the tank when he see me. It's to cute I would defintly recommend an oscar they make awsome pets

I have a variety of fish. Everything from bettas to Mollies to platys to tetras to sharks. My sister says I have gone overboard lol!
Every time I go into petsmart I look at the cichlids, especially the Oscars. Hope to have a community cichlid tank.
Are you planning on getting more?

No cuz as of now my oscars in a ten gallon but he only a few inches I plan on buying a much bigger tank once he start to out grow it...I'm thinkin 40 to 50 gallons. Me and my gf also have a 30 gallon that has 2 black moored one is bout 6 inches the other is bout 1 in 2 dragon gobies I feeder goldfish a pleco 2 gouramis. But that's bout all We can handle right now til We get bigger tanks. Once I do get bigger tank for my oscar I plan to get him a buddy though.

I saw some dragon goby at Walmart about a month ago. They creep me out!
I'm glad that you aren't stressing your little buddy now by adding another yet. Good job!

Yea I try not to take on more than I can handle...my 30 gallon already seems kinda crowded so when my gf gets her grant We gonna buy a bigger tank then I'm gonna put my oscar in the 30 gallon. I'm kinda iffy on putting another oscar in with him I don't want them to fight and he fights with his reflection so I'm betting he gonna fight with another oscar. I'll show you some my other fish you wanna see? If I can get a good pic seem like every brine I try to take a pic they move lol

ForumRunner_20120421_183018.jpg

ForumRunner_20120421_183058.jpg

ForumRunner_20120421_183127.jpg

ForumRunner_20120421_183212.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120421_182937.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120421_182937.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 85
The first pic is our biggest dragon goby he is almost a foot long. The second picture is our pleco and the third is our black Moore squishy lol and our gold fish. The last pic is our gouramis We have a baby black Moore We call lil squish he shy wouldn't let me take a pic We saved all our fish from walmart.

Oh man the goby creeps me out even in a pic! You have some great fish there! They look happy from what I can see of them

The guy at Walmart was really scared to scoop our gobies out it was to funny. He said that thing looks like a snake! I wish We had a petco to buy fish at I'm sure they have more of a variety.

Exactly! Too much like a snake!
I refuse to buy from Walmart because I've seen too many bad practices there, in multiple stores. Have you ever tried online? I haven't but I know a lot here have with great success. Maybe ask around to see what sites are reputable.

We looked online and We kinda iffy on it not only that they usually want an ARM and leg just to ship lol

Yea We have a pet store but I havnt look much. So do you have pics of your fish?

My 10g betta. 2 male bettas for now. Going to add some frogs once the levels even out.

ForumRunner_20120421_185449.jpg

My pleco, hiding in his fave spot

ForumRunner_20120421_185634.jpg

My angelfish

ForumRunner_20120421_185817.jpg

My rainbow shark

ForumRunner_20120421_185915.jpg

I have others, but no pics right now

Wow your tanks so clean and pretty :) and your fish look very healthy to how long have you been doing the fish tank thing?

Thank you! I've only been at it a few months. I've become obsessed! The worst part is how expensive everything is!

Yea for sure lol when We get money We get lil crazy with it to.

Firstly, great fish! I'm an Oscar fan my self.... Got hooked on em now I have four lol.

Now for some advice.... :/ even a 55 gal isn't going to be big enough for the one Oscar. I would recommend at least a 75 and I think u could have two. oscars are very messy and have a huge bioload so frequent water changes are needed plus a rule of filtering 100 gallons per hour (gph) per ten gal. For instance you said he would be going in a 30? You need to filter 300+.

Oscars are much happier with buddies... And trust me they are entertaining. :) Oscars are great. It's good to have them in a room that u are in alot because they love to watch and interact with u.

I have mine somewhat I guess you could say 'trained' ....they are hand fed... They wave and do a little dance almost when I wave at Them.

ForumRunner_20120421_213152.jpg

my tiger aka Marley

IMG_20120323_233601-1.jpg

my albino aka fester

ForumRunner_20120421_213603.jpg
my other tiger aka ziggy.

ForumRunner_20120421_213835.jpg
my mix breed.... Red/ tiger aka mutt lol. :)

Good luck with getting a bigger tank.... Try Craigslist. I got my 45gal oceanic hex with everything for $80.

Back
Top Bottom