hello everybody

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No problem. If u have any questions feel free to ask. I've been raising Oscars for a total of about 4 years.

What's the biggest oscar you have? Mine only 3 inches you don't think he be fine until I can upgrade in a couple months?

Yeah I think he'll be fine, as long as u actually do get him a larger tank, have good filtration, and reg water changes.

I'm kind of doing the same thing with mine. I have my two largest (4.5inch) in the 90 and two smaller in my 20. I can't quit buying them :blushes: lol ,so I'm going to have to get about a 200 gal :/ or larger just to keep the four I have now. Don't know exactly where I'm going to put it either. Might just have to rehome some. I don't want to.

I'm sad to say I didn't used to be the greatest fish keeper. :( I was ignorant. The best advice I can give to u is research everything you can about your fish. Wikipedia is my best friend. Lol.

I think I got him at PETCO. I don't normally by fish from lfs stores though. They don't know much about the fish/ plants they sell.

Last week they sold me plants that weren't aquatic at all. :hand to head:They were pseudo or false aquatic plants. My fault for not researching before I went.

Yea Walmart is only place I have but I like saving fish from there. Walmarts fish are usually really bad with fin rot and ick I feel bad for all the fish there

Yeah, as bad as you feel for them, you should probably stop buying from Walmart. I don't buy from there beacause I don't want to infect my tank. :-/

It may seem like a good deed to save fish from those places but if you look at the big picture its a different story. Buying from those places just dooms even more fish to those deplorable conditions, plus it supports the company who chooses to treat them that way. It's a form of indirect approval for their behavior.

Anyway, ill get off that soapbox. I like Oscars a lot also, I plan to put a albino longfin tiger oscar in a display one day.

jetajockey said:
It may seem like a good deed to save fish from those places but if you look at the big picture its a different story. Buying from those places just dooms even more fish to those deplorable conditions, plus it supports the company who chooses to treat them that way. It's a form of indirect approval for their behavior.

Anyway, ill get off that soapbox. I like Oscars a lot also, I plan to put a albino longfin tiger oscar in a display one day.

I totally agree with you.^

I would love To get a albino longfin, but I'm pretty sure he'll get tore up with the guys I have now. Longfins are beautiful but I think they are bred to look that way... And are susceptible to more disease.

Yea only place I have to buy fish though and plus I have few diffrent kinds of medicine so I just quartine them then if the are sick treat them and then stick them in our tank and that's work for me so far

And reguardless I'm only one and me not buying there fish is not gonna do anything and there still gonna sell fish I just like that I know I can help the ones I do buy ya know? And I've saved many so that's a good deed in my book. Lol

Look and order from the internet.

Liveaquaria.com
Thepetplace.com
Fishdirect.com
Just to name a few.

Most have a great selection and are pretty cheap.

Oh and yes that is a good deed;)

Very true. But sometimes worth it. That might be your only option unfortunately unless you plan on taking a road trip. :)

Back
Top Bottom