Hello from Oxshott, England

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalmen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all. I live in Oxshott, Surrey which is a small town about 30 miles southwest of London. I got my daughter a 29 gallon tank last Christmas and have been adding fish ever since. I started with 5 mollies, then added a few guppies, then some Dwarf Gouramis, a suckermouth catfish, four catfish (I think they are synodontis of some sort), and snail eating yoyo loach (Pakistani Loach), which I got to get rid of my snail infestation (after the three killer snails I bought couldn't finish the job by themselves). I also got 12 shrimp which I haven't seen since I got them. I know they are there as I found a couple of sheded skin this morning and my son told me he saw one during the weekend. I also recently found 5 baby mollies hiding in the plants, which I have now put in isolation in the tank. To feed them I also got an Artemia Brine shrimp breeding set from JBL (which my fish love!). So you can see that from being a newbie I am now hooked into my fish (I should say my daughter's fish tank) and have now 35 fish in my tank. Can't believe I got that many and that I am now a proud father of 5 little fry.

In any case, I have more questions than answers and will enjoy reading about your experiences from these forums. I also put a wifi webcam in front of my tank so that I can check the if the fish are ok from my iPhone when I am at work or travelling. Crazy, no?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom