Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CasperFish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new here, but not to fish keeping. I've had tanks for decades, currently a 65 gallon tall hex tank. Over the years I've had all sorts of fish in this tank with varying success rates. I recently let two nice clown loaches go to a better home, they got too big and aggressive in my quiet tank. The fish that are left are no doubt relieved at their departure. It's currently home to 4-5 small tetras, 4 glass catfish and a flower shrimp.
I want to start re-introducing more fish slowly. I'm looking for suggestions...I know I don't want any plecos, sharks or algae eaters. I would like to get more shrimp in the tank, either more flower or ghost shrimp.
Comments?

Welcome to AA! :) Since you already have one flower shrimp, I would suggest you start there and get some buddies for your lone shrimp. He/she will be much happier!

We have ghost shrimp in my teens tank. They seem hardy. They lived thru ick treatment. We like those a lot. One shed it's skin and my son thought it died. Educational and entertaining. Welcome!

Thanks Green Lily, I plan to get more flower shrimp. I started with three and now sadly have only one. I keep checking at my local Big Al's and as soon as they have more I'll get at least 2.
I'm going to try some more ghost shrimp as well, the last time I added them the (now gone) clown loaches decided they were lunch. Rookie mistake on my part, I know. They'll have a better chance now.

Back
Top Bottom