Help....Ammonia level is high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kciolek

Aquarium Advice Newbie
It is almost 2 weeks since I setup my new aquarium and have trouble with the ammonia always being on the high side (1.0-4.0) and have been doing aily water changes (5%) and adding Aqua Safe to take out the chlorine. I also added AMMO-LOCK to lower the ammonia. Is it safe to keep adding the AMMO LOCK.

I only have 1 goldfish in the 20 gallon tank. The goldfish is 7 years old and about 6inches long

Happy New Year!

Ammo removers really don't help in removing ammonia. It's just a temporary fix. How were your readings with the old tank and did you change anything from that? What type of filter are you using?

I have two filters 10 Top Fin 30 and a Whisper 20. The readings from the old tank were high and I believe the cause for the other gold fish to die. The old tank is the tank I am using now but drained and rinsed and setup again

if you want to get rid of the ammonia then do some big water changes, i'm talking 50%+, the 5% water changes you're doing really arent replacing much water
when in doubt, water change!

Back
Top Bottom