Help!!! Cardinal Tetra tail gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jengeb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just introduced 2 GBRs into my 29 gallon tank today. It already had cardinal tetras and rummy nose tetras. Everything seemed to be going fine....then I fed the fish. I went to the other room and when I came back I noticed that the GBR was snacking on one of the cardinals. He was still alive and the ram didnt seem to be interest anymore. I do not know if he thought the cardinal was a flake or if he just wanted a live fish snack....

In any event, the poor cardinal is still alive. I had to move him to a 1.5 gallon container that I have. It is not cycled or heated. I luckily have extra cycled media in my HOB filter so I can get a 10 gallon and move him over tomorrow if he is still alive. His back tail is gone. Like literally..gone. No fin. He is not upright anymore, but occasionally he will try to swim around. I feel so bad....I don't have anything to euthanize with either.

I also think that some of the cardinals have ick. I cant tell for sure but it looks like it. No flashing so far. Sorry my first post is so long....I am just at a loss right now.

Back
Top Bottom