Help identifying this little guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Otis Powell

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys picked up some beautiful new cichlids today for my new African tank my partner spotted this guy and wanted to add him to the tank can any one identify him I currently have peacocks in the the tank and want to know what type he is

IMG_2945.jpg

He might. It's hard to predetermine Mbuna behavior. Almost all are aggressive towards each other. Some more than others. Just provide plenty of hiding spots. You probably will have to overcrowd the tank a bit as to dilute aggression as things progress.
Research Mbuna community tank stategies.

He might. It's hard to predetermine Mbuna behavior. Almost all are aggressive towards each other. Some more than others. Just provide plenty of hiding spots. You probably will have to overcrowd the tank a bit as to dilute aggression as things progress.

Research Mbuna community tank stategies.

Also what kind of cichlid is this as I was told this was a peacock and I’m not sure that it is now ?? The yellow one :)

IMG_2949.jpg

Yellow tail Acei are Mbuna. One of the more easy going types. Not sure about the peacock.
Maybe a Sunshine Peacock or Yellow Jake Peacock.

Yellow tail Acei are Mbuna. One of the more easy going types. Not sure about the peacock.

Maybe a Sunshine Peacock or Yellow Jake Peacock.

I was give some little ottos when I started the tank to try and start the filter off on a cycle are the cichlids likely to eat them

Looks like a Juvenile peacock. I don't know if the cichlids will eat them, but they likely will make their lives miserable.

Looks like a Juvenile peacock. I don't know if the cichlids will eat them, but they likely will make their lives miserable.

Okay I’ll get them re homed then with they try and harass the loaches as early the loaches seemed to be chasing the cichlids however now the loaches are hiding

YoYo Botias can handle themselves, especially when they are full grown. Tiger Botia and Botia Modesta are tougher Loaches. Botias have retractable spines by the eyes and can use them like a knife if threatened. It's normal for YoYos to spend much of the day hiding.

Back
Top Bottom