Help! In need of a true Siamese Algae Eater or Florida Flag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Absinthena

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The longer my tank lives the more hair and beard algae slowly creeps up on me. I have read a lot of info about algae and algae eaters. I did have some Oto in my tank but I set up a tank at my boyfriends house and he had a diatom outbreak so I sent the Otos there to eat it all up. NOW I have a "space" for an algae eater that will pick it off my plants!

Local pet stores only offer Chinese Algae Eaters. It is about to drive me mad! I want some SAE ... and REAL ones. I have never ordered fish online before just because it would break my heart if they came to me dead. I would still be willing to do it... I just have not. Anyone have any suggestions? Know where I can get some SAE, Florida Flag fish or Amano Shrimp?? I would LOVE to know!

Thanks,
Anne

*sighs* If you were closer Absinthena, I'd GIVE you my flagfish pair. I discovered flagfish and planted tanks don't mix.

As that won't work, try www.azgardens.com . They sell SAEs as well as amanos. I got my cherry shrimp from em.

yes, I got my SAEs from AZgardens also. very healthy fish, and I got them in the dead of winter, last year. You have to make the arrangement to be home when they arrive, can't have them sitting on the porch for hours. All are still with me, except the one that went carpet surfing. Mine are over 4 inches each by now, but in a large group, so they cause no trouble to the rest of the fish. they squabble amongst themselves a bit, but even that includes no damage to each other. They still do a darn good job too.

Thanks you guys. I have a placed an order... also bought some shrimp as well. They have a nice selection of algae eaters.

Back
Top Bottom