Help Introducing 3 New Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought 3 Angelfish from Walmart and I'm trying to introduce them to my already established 55 gallon aquarium which consists of:

5 Congo Tetras (2-3in.)
1 African Leaf Fish (5in.)
1 Pleco (2-3in.)
1 Featherfin Catfish (5in.)
2 Australian Rainbowfish (Planning on removing these)
1 Angelfish (5in)

All water parameters were good so I divide the aquarium; Leaving a little less then a quarter of the tank for my angelfish and Leaf Fish (Most aggressive fish in my tank) I dumped the new angelfishes (3) which are about half the size of the OG one.
The leaf fish completely ignores them and stays put at the bottom. And the angelfishes just spend their time looking at each other through the divider (Plexiglass)

How can I have them living together without a divider? So far I have the new angelfish adjusting to the new water and I rearranged all the decorations and driftwood. The lights have been off all day except for when I fed them and took the pictures. And I treated with Melafix to help prevent sickness and reduce stress.

Attachments

• IMG_1339.jpg
    IMG_1339.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1338.jpg
    IMG_1338.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1340.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 61
Ideally you should have quarantined them for a few weeks. You can remove the divider, they will be alright. The new ones are too big to be eaten by the old one. They will be pushy for a while until they establish a pecking order then things will be fine.

I turned the lights on to feed them and then turned them back off. I removed the divider and they spent the first 5 min. just swimming around. Now they have slowed down and the big angel has pecked at a couple of them. Now I'll just turn the lights back on and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom