HELP! Kevin's New Saltwater Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes it is. I may try to rearrange the rock today though. I would like to figure out a way to make an arch out of part of it

Some folks fasten the rocks together with reef putty-
Boston Aqua Farms Colored Reef Epoxy Putty 2oz
I have drilled rock before and stacked them up on rods to make tall structures to build on to-
img_2291359_0_f050086677f19584ac06d322971a483d.jpg

img_2291359_1_16d44b0a1b524753a61b7705243ea4a1.jpg

Going today to buy some but I can't get my temp up. I've got a, new heater coming in the mail. Will it hurt to put salt in if the temp ain't right

Ok so I got a 5 gallon bucket of instant ocean for 39$ and a hydrometer for 9 and 2lbs of live rock for 17 I was told to add the salt to the tank and let it sit over night then check it and then add the rock. He said three rock would be fine over night in the bag of water. I drive an hour and a half to go to a place called aquatic critter where all they deal with is fish. Found a clown fish I want it was white and cost 700$ lol I wish

You can mix the water and put the rock right in as soon as it's mixed thoroughly. You don't need to wait over night. The fact that the water is unheated is going to do more damage than some freshly mixed salt water.

Ok well the heater is working now. Up to about 76 degrees.

Ok so I was told I can add the salt straight to my aquarium
How would I go about doing this. I got a bucket of salt and a hydro

You can add salt straight to the aquarium the first time, but not after you have livestock in it. I would add some and let it circulate and mix, then test, add a few more scoops, wait and test, until you get the desired result.

Ok how much should I add at first its a 36 gallon. And yes I know to premix once I have livestock. How exactly do you use the hydrometer? Just dip it in?

yeah, just dip it in and let it fill with water. make sure you tap all the water bubbles off of the swing arm. bubbles attached to it will give you a bad reading.
I don't know how much for a 36. I do like I said, put a few scoops in and then test....repeat,......

Ok water is a little cloudier than what it was I've been trying to pour the salt by the powerhead so it will help circulate it. How long should I wait before I check the level?

Ok I have my salt where it needs to be and it is pretty cloudy will it be ok to add the live rock? The temperature is about 77

Back
Top Bottom