HELP! Kevin's New Saltwater Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nothing cheap is any good. ~You have cheap right in your hand. Sicce makes efficient pumps with good air draw.

Well right now I need cheaper. IM gonna have to buy a new hob filter cause this one has a thick layer of stuff on it and I think I'd be better off with a, new one. Then the recalled heater. Now this pump is to loud

Does it look like I got it hooked up right

ForumRunner_20130117_150022.jpg

ok if I block off the fitting on the to of the outlet tube the bubbles stop but its still loud

Can I get by without using the skimmer for a while? At least until I can buy a new skimmer our at least a new pump. I'm going to buy some filters for the bio wheel

Are the water changes same as freshwater. I'm asking cause I change my 20 gallon water quite often and changed even more when it was cycling. I'm asking cause I need to know how much salt to get at first. Its a 36 gallon and I am going to cycle with raw shrimp or ammonia haven't decided yet. I'm on a fixed income so I'm not rich

Ok so do I add rock then sand then water then salt? I'm about ready to get this thing started

If I add sand then water won't the sand get stirred up bad?

I don't know about the fresh water test kit, because i've never used one, but I would add water and salt to the tank, let it mix until clear, then put the rock in, just the way I wanted, then gently pour your sand (rinsed thoroughly if it's dry sand) in the tank, taking as much care as possible not to make the tank cloudy. This will happen anyway however, and it will take anywhere from 2 to 5 days for it to clear up.

Ok thanks. How long would 50gal bag of salt last me? And should I just rinse the rock under water and scrub with a brush? He just took every thing out and put it in buckets. some of the rocks still have snails stuck to them?

No way! If the rock has living creatures on it, put it in your tank as soon as possible. Get that water mixed and heated and save those critters if possible!

he had everything in buckets. The rocks are dry and the snails are dead :-(

He didn't think anyone was gonna buy it and he was leaving for boot camp so he went ahead and drained it

Back
Top Bottom