Help Me With Stock List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I am Starting a 75g Reef tank and am trying to figure out a stock list. a bit of info on the tank first. Its going to be a bear bottom reef, with a 30g sump. The total water volume will be 97g. The skimmer will be a reef octopus NWB150, I have rather High flow in the tank from a korilia 750 and 1150 and a vortech mp10es. also I will be running a BRS carbon/gfo reactor.

Wish List For Stock:

Midis Blenny
Royal Gramma
Dragonet (dont worry wont have one for about 6-8 months)
Kole Tang
A Single Snowflake Clown (Last fish in to avoid any aggression)
Copper Band Butterfly
6x Blue/Green Chromis

I would love to have a snowflake eel but dont know if it make a mess of my tank, it will be bare bottom and ill have high flow to keep things moving and I was planning on after feeding to put on a filter sock for a few hours then remove it to help remove so organics

What do you think? am i over stocked? can i add more fish? is that to many chromis?

I'd also ditch the butterfly and it's a negative on the eel as well unless your intent is for everything else to end up as a meal one day.

well iv already ditched the butterfly idea they are beutifull fish but the guys at the lfs told me that 1 out of every 5 or so even make it after the first 2 days and then they are even less likely to live over the long run. the eel on the other hand i dont understand. do people keep only an eel in a tank? because i know thats not true.

well iv already ditched the butterfly idea they are beutifull fish but the guys at the lfs told me that 1 out of every 5 or so even make it after the first 2 days and then they are even less likely to live over the long run. the eel on the other hand i dont understand. do people keep only an eel in a tank? because i know thats not true.

A snowflake eel is going to outgrow the other fish you mentioned and then the little guys will be on the menu. They generally do fine with larger fish like angels, tangs, groupers, and lionfish.

They are not normally aggressive, but my experience with morays is that they can't see very well and feed based on smell. On top of that, they get very excitable during feeding time and kind of go into a frenzy. If one of your smaller fish is inbetween the intended food and the eel, there's a good chance of it getting bitten. If it fits in the mouth, it will end up in the stomach.

Back
Top Bottom