Help ne decide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duston4567

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am thinking about getting a biorb or a fluval edge or maybe a fluval chi. I like the bio orb but alittle confused on how to clean the filter dies anyone have any input. I would I've to hear from you!!!

The Biorb isn't a very good tank for a variety of reasons. I know the Edge uses an AquaClear HOB filter, which is always a good thing. They're very reliable, they hold a lot of media, and they're very customizable.

+1

The biorb is suppose is not really worth what it is In my opinion. The filter is simply an undergravel filter, which arent the best (gravel needs to be cleaned every once and a while). I would just leave the biorb alone ;)

The Chi is a great tank, but the only thing I see that goes wrong with it is the evaporation due to no lid (I bet you could get a custom lid though...).

The edge, like said, has many accessories that can go with it as in decor wise. The only thing I see bad about it is the Hole or feeding slot, its pretty small.

Just my 2 cents

P.s Welcome to AA!

I was seriously thinking about buying a fluval edge coz let's face it they look stunning but really they are style over substance. It's only 23 litre so its not gonna be good for many fish. I just think for the money they cost id rather buy a larger normal tank and have more fish.

Thanks so much for the responses. I am new to all these aquariums growing up we had a 100 gallon with regular filter that hung over the back and a ug filter. Now I do not have the room for anything that big. Also if I get the fluval edge. Any recommendations on what type of fish?

Considering that the Edge is only 6 gallons, would would need to be looking for some smaller fish such as: A single betta, sparkling gouramis, Celestial pearl danios, pygmy cories, or endlers livebearers.

I can't find endlers any where in Houston tx. Or sparkling g's

Back
Top Bottom