Help needed (Growth on gravel)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gbriggs1986

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can anyone help plz what is this
c914c356452969eb46cfbd2b9659feda.jpg
714c71c33517881307829d25700b7f5a.jpg

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Its like its growing on gravel not movig its about half of cm

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

It will take over your tank. I hate that crap!! I just finally defeated mine.

I am not a pro by any means but let me say that removal and bleaching can help keep it in check but in my case after a few weeks everything would be covered again.

You will have to find the right balance for your tank to conquer it. Plants vs lighting vs nutrients.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You can take out the rocks it is on and do a soak in hydrogen peroxide to kill off any residual not visible to the naked eye algae cells.

I'm battling this right now as well. I've had some success with overdosing excel, but it's a slow process. I tried using peroxide, but that didn't seem to work. I'm about to just pull out all my wood and do a soak on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'm battling this right now as well. I've had some success with overdosing excel, but it's a slow process. I tried using peroxide, but that didn't seem to work. I'm about to just pull out all my wood and do a soak on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Stay strong my friend. I finally got mine in check with excel but paranoid that it will not be the last time I see it show its ugly face.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom