Help please newbie ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ewins87

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there,

I have recently aquired a river reef 94 litre aquarium from a friend that upgraded theirs.

I have read loads about cycling and understand the nitrogen cycle as best as i can.

The tank came with mature filter media, i have added the water and have had the filter running for 48 hours.

The nitrites read 1 and the nitrates read 25, i am just really confused as to when i can add fish.

Secondly, i plan to have common goldfish in this tank, how many is reasonable? I am thinking 4-5? I also wondered if i could have a school of zebra danios also?

Thanks for your help it is much appreciated

Rachael

Hi there,

I have recently aquired a river reef 94 litre aquarium from a friend that upgraded theirs.

I have read loads about cycling and understand the nitrogen cycle as best as i can.

The tank came with mature filter media, i have added the water and have had the filter running for 48 hours.

The nitrites read 1 and the nitrates read 25, i am just really confused as to when i can add fish.

Secondly, i plan to have common goldfish in this tank, how many is reasonable? I am thinking 4-5? I also wondered if i could have a school of zebra danios also?

Thanks for your help it is much appreciated

Rachael

Number one goldfish are best kept by them selfs never mix them. Also 4-5 will be over stocking it that size you can put one maybe 2 but i would only put one. u can add fish when your ammonia is at 0 ph is stable your nitrites are 0 and nitrates around 0-10. It can take a few months to get a tank to cycle completely. You can add a school of danios and maybe get a centre fish like a dwarf gourami.

No more than one goldfish. A good way to think of it is 3 gallons of water per inch of adult fish. Goldies get arount 10 inches and are very dirty, and need 30gallons and your is not quite 25.

Back
Top Bottom