Help!!!!!! Stressed fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmkx3

Aquarium Advice Freak
okay, I had to take down my 125g to put in new floors. I had my three fish in a 25g tub with lr,heater and power head all was fine. I set the 125g back up last night with resr of my lr, water from original tank and 50g of new salwater. Let it run all night and let the water heat up. I took the power head out of my tub and put it in the main. I think that was a mistake because this morning my powder blue tang was sick. I freaked out and put all three fish in the main ( with the rst of the water ) I have about 50g of original water and 50g of new water. I usually drip acclimate but like I said I freaked. My tang at first just layed on his side breathing heavy but after about 30 minutes he is now swimmimg around a little. WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP HIM!!!!!! I have the lights out. Is there anything else I can do! My 2 clowns seem to be fine. I LOVE MY LITTLE FRIENDS!!!!:confused:

any nearest reefer or LFS to your house....u can take them to your LFS to take care of your tang for a while....JMO

The PB is basically in shock. There really isn't much you can do for him now. He just needs time to adjust, but unfortunately they are very susceptible to stress related illness so keep a very close eye on him. Sudden parameter shifts like that can kill them. Try to feed him some garlic soaked seaweed to help boost his immune system and get him up and around again.

have you tested the water?
if it's just the lack of acclimation that put it into shock, there is nothing you can do but sit and wait and hopefully the fish will get through it.
if your water tests ok, then moving it to yet another tank isn't going to be beneficial.

the lack of acclimation I don't believe was the issue. The water in both the qt and the main were the same water ( from the main tank ) He was already stressed before I put him in the main, lack of acclimation proably didn't help. I LOST HIM!!! I am just sick :(. I thought he was doing better he was up and swimming around. I left and came home about 3hrs later and he was gone.

so, the stress from netting him in the ocean, putting him in a small bucket on a boat for a couple hours, then 3 or so different, undersized tanks until he got to yours, wasn't enough stress to kill him but this was? i guess it's possible.

Kinda makes you realize just how much we really don't know or understand when it comes to this hobby,... we try and learn from others then do the best we can do but ultimately we really are in the hands of others,.... Sorry about losing your little buddy.

Back
Top Bottom