Help to get eel that has gone up into cave.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishlover9000

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need to move it to a bigger tank, but it is in a cave how do i get it out?

Help Quick

I suggest feeding the fish, once they come out of the cave pull the cave up and out of the aquarium.

If the pleco is still in it and the eel isn't, then just pull it half out of the water so the eel can't get in but you don't have to worry about the pleco having to get out aswell.

I saw a DIY fish trap that may help (you can google them as well), take a small plastic bottle and cut off the top (about 1/3 down), then invert it and stick it back into the bottle (so the top now points in) then simply put some food (hopefully something that has a favorite scent) into it and leave it in a few hours and check. Don't leave it in too long in case the eel swims in and the water fowls and harms the eel itself. Or drill some small holes in the bottom of the bottle to allow for some water circulation at least and the water does not stagnate. Good luck - what kind of eel is it & how long? I realize that what I described works more for fish but you never know. good luck.

1 problem with that...
He is pretty new and does not eat much. The most he has eaten is 1 frozen silver side.

Well honestly I don't know what else to tell you besides feeding until he comes out or wait for him to come out then catch him then. Once he is out though remove the cave so he cannot retreat.

Back
Top Bottom