HELP!! URGENT!! Fish Mayday!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man this is ONE TOUGH RIDE!!! There is good news for now anyway... There are no others showing. All the ones that were showing have passed. I've looked hard and the rest seem healthy. Also what's weird and if you look at the pictures, they are all blue! Only the blue ones were effected.

I hope that's it for now. Fingers crossed it was just those showing signs that were weak and didn't make it. The rest will soldier on.

Maybe the blue factor is some genetic thing that makes them more susceptible? You know, like fair skinned people get sunburned faster than dark. :ermm:

LyndaB said:
Maybe the blue factor is some genetic thing that makes them more susceptible? You know, like fair skinned people get sunburned faster than dark. :ermm:

Ermm that sounds familiar!

How's everyone doing today? What treatment are you using?

Mumma.of.two said:
Ermm that sounds familiar!

How's everyone doing today? What treatment are you using?

Everything is going good "knock on wood" just salt and lower temp. Not using anything else because I noticed my Moorii cichlids eye is better! :) not popped out or cloudy. Just normal and eating.

Convict2161 said:
Everything is going good "knock on wood" just salt and lower temp. Not using anything else because I noticed my Moorii cichlids eye is better! :) not popped out or cloudy. Just normal and eating.

Good! At least he is alright:)

I say columnaris hands down. Pictures match every stage. :(

Says water changes. Directions on the Maracyn Two box say no wc for length of treatment. I'm confused.
I think you should treat your fish for atleast 2 weeks with medication.

Can you explain further?

Since you said the other fish's show no signs of sickness, i would keep treating them with medication for atleast 1 week, just to be on the safe side to provent another out break you never know they might be infected also.

UPDATE;

No deaths to report everyone looks to be happy and healthy. Everyone is eating!! And my Moorii is perfectly normal looking again!!! :) :)

Still have temp down and dosing salt 2x's a day :)

Thanks everyone!!

Convict2161 said:
UPDATE;

No deaths to report everyone looks to be happy and healthy. Everyone is eating!! And my Moorii is perfectly normal looking again!!! :) :)

Still have temp down and dosing salt 2x's a day :)

Thanks everyone!!

Whew ok, thanks for the update man. This is reliving!!

I just read this whole thread because I was so worried after the first little bit that I couldn't stop reading. Haha I'm so glad things are going better. I'm sorry you lost so many but I'm glad the rest seem to be ok :)

Back
Top Bottom