Help with Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I prefer 1 treatment an area per day and you don't need to do a WC after as H2O2 quickly oxidizes out of solution. Just be sure to turn your filter off before dosing then turn back on 20 minutes later.

Well that will save me a lot of time lol. I am going to do another one today. The first treatment didn't really do anything. I have off from work for the next 6 days so I will probably do treatment every day. With my macros being where they should be and with the drop checker I just purchased, hopefully I never have to go though this again.
:facepalm:

Most types of algae take 24 hours before die off begins. BBA turns red, pink, or white when it starts to die and most hair/thread type algae turns white or greyish white. Some just kind of melt away. Also every once in a while you might have to treat an area twice for really stubborn algae.

Ya, I will look and see how it is tomorrow morning...hopefully dieing lol. :facepalm:
I will keep this thread updated for others with this issue!

Thanks again rivercats, you have been really helpful!!! :thanks:

After about four treatments, most of it has finally turned white. There is an area on the front glass that is being really stubborn that I will probably do one more treatment on however, it does look as if it has stopped growing. With the drop checker, I realized that my CO2 was a little on the low side, it was a blueish green rather than green or yellowish green. I turned that up until it was a lighter green color. When I do my weekly water change, I am going to clean all the glass which is where most of it was growing and monitor for more growth for about a week before I start messing with the lights again. Fingers crossed I don't see any more!

Over the past week, I have seen a huge improvement in my plants and I have to be honest, I am kind of upset I did not realize this was the problem sooner. My swords have much richer color to them and appear to be growing faster. I am seeing a new leaves forming in under a week of each other. I had dwarf baby tears in my tank for about a month and I was getting really frustrated that they were not spreading. They weren't dieing but they just weren't growing either. I read that they are really hard to grow so I eventually ended up scrapping it and I picked up some dwarf four leaf clover. I am not 100% if this was really the issue but the four leaf clovers are growing like weeds. I like them both so whatever. My snails seem to like the four leaf clovers better, they are always on top of it lol.
Thanks everyone for your help!

Back
Top Bottom