Help with angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattefect

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys so this thread is totally for my friend who needs help with angelfish. He currently has a 18g tank with 2 angels and 12 tetras. All of his fish are small. He has had his tank running for about 1 yr and previously had some other fish that died. About six months later without doing any water changes or cleans he puts 3 angels in the tank and some other fish. Most of his fish are now dead.. I told him to do a few pwc's but he wouldn't listen. Death...
He feeds his fish once every 2 days and his angels are still tiny. I think this is fine if he wants really slow growing fish. Please help with this he quite stubborn and doesn't listen to anything I say. Help..

If he's not going to listen to you with regards to proper maintenance what makes you think he'll listen to any of us?

Fish are living breathing animals. It's mean to bring a fish home knowing full well that you aren't going to care for it properly. Most of us go to great lengths to make sure our fish have proper conditions. Tell him to tear it down and sell it if he can't be bothered to care for his pets.

I'm not by any means trying to be rude just curious. How is it you keep discus and are looking for hard to keep fish but you
Didn't immediately realize that nothing at all has been done right with this tank?

And for things he needs to change well everything. You cannot keep one angel in a ten let alone 3. Its way overstocked and with inappropriate fish. Having an aquarium is a lot of work as you should know and your friend isn't prepared for the responsibility or he would have researched these things on his own.

Finally I'll show him it today so tank size, maintenance, feeding, stock. Awesome thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom