help with lighting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilostnemo

Aquarium Advice Addict
So guys looks like im settling down and getting married. So in turn my gift from my fiancee is a reef tank! It's a 27 gallon cube 20w x 18 d x 20h. Im looking to go led or MH. And i want to have the ability to have all coral. Mostly i would want my sps higher and im looking for lighting 150 and under. Anyone got suggestion? :)

Too bad my fixture is 24" otherwise it would be good for your application ( unless you can hang it ). I would strongly suggest PAR38, which is perfect for cube tank. I would not get MH for a small tank like that

My BioCube has 2 straight 4 pin (Euro) bulb set up, there are 4 connector pins in a straight line on one end of the bulb. There is another 4 pin set up that is in a square.These bulbs look like 2 connected thin fluorescent bulbs. Normal hoods come with a 2 pin fluorescent bulb.....

My BioCube has 2 straight 4 pin (Euro) bulb set up, there are 4 connector pins in a straight line on one end of the bulb. There is another 4 pin set up that is in a square.These bulbs look like 2 connected thin fluorescent bulbs. Normal hoods come with a 2 pin fluorescent bulb.....
Its not a biocube.

Hey, just a quick note... aQ knows his stuff. Keep in mind, your going to get what you pay for and with a "smaller" tank, your gonna be kinda limited. I would recommend going with a dimmable unit no matter what you do....

I never said he didnt know his stuff. lol And ive had alot smaller tanks than this as well. If this tank was going to have t5s believe me i wouldnt even be asking. Ive had more than enough t5 lights.

Back
Top Bottom