help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

demon6869

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
can any one outh there tell me what kind of cichlids theses are i was told compatable with my tank i was misinformed now trying to figure out what they are and the sex by the colors i realy like the fish so i want to figure out to put them in the right tank

thenks
jeff

:banghead:

Attachments

• cichlids 001.jpg
    cichlids 001.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 84
  • cichlids 003.jpg
    cichlids 003.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 71
  • cichlids 023.JPG
    cichlids 023.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 82
The one on the top left is a red zebra, the one on the right and bottom is a johanni... or possibly a maingano. They need a 4' tank minimum. What size tank are they in now?

they in a 55g now the 2 blue fish are the same one just different views going to move to 30g

i was miss informed when i both them told would be safe with a oscar and they wont take back all i got is a 30g

No, they won't work with an oscar. One will kill the other. A 30 gallon certainly isn't sufficient. Your best bet is to either re-home them, or upgrade to another tank.

i was miss informed when i both them told would be safe with a oscar and they wont take back all i got is a 30g

Your 55g is barely enough room for a full grown Oscar, in which they grow a inch per month so that's not to far off. They will be no room for any other fish in that tank. As Rookie said the africans will not work in a 30g so at this point you have some tough decisions ahead as far as what fish to rehome or another 55g minimum.

so how big will the other ones get i understand they need a 55 but i can afford 1 i got a 30 gallon for few months why wont they be oh the only bout 3in now

The Oscar will hit 12-14" and the africans will hit around 5-6". Neither of which will work in a 30g tank. If money is a issue you can look on craigslist for used tanks, as I've seen 55-75g set ups for less than $100 then you could keep the 30g for a QT or sell that and use the money for the upgrade. But to keep these fish happy and healthy one of the two choices must be made.

Back
Top Bottom