HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, I just read through your thread and I got a little lost. What exactly are you deciding to do? Fish-in or fish-out?

Also, about the betta feeding, 2-3 days is not sufficient! Especially with a newly purchased betta that has undergone severe medications to be shipped to the pet store and then the lack of food actually at the shop. You should be feeding the little guy every single day, once a day.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
So, I just read through your thread and I got a little lost. What exactly are you deciding to do? Fish-in or fish-out?

Also, about the betta feeding, 2-3 days is not sufficient! Especially with a newly purchased betta that has undergone severe medications to be shipped to the pet store and then the lack of food actually at the shop. You should be feeding the little guy every single day, once a day.

I haven't exactly decided yet I will prob do a fishless and put the betta in the betta bowl my mom had.

If he is going into the bowl, you need to be changing the water every few days to keep the water good. I would definitely recommend adding media from your old tank a week or two in to the cycle to help it go faster.

TheCrazyFishLady said:

Severe medication to be shipped?
Sorry but never heard of that.

Feeding a betta everday is over feeding it, special since they're not a very active fish. The more active the fish the more energy it burns, the more energy it burns do more food it needs.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
If he is going into the bowl, you need to be changing the water every few days to keep the water good. I would definitely recommend adding media from your old tank a week or two in to the cycle to help it go faster.

Well I put media from my old tank in my new one today...

Its cycled if its been that many months and you haven't been throwing away your media. A test kot could show you for sure tho.

tarpon said:
Its cycled if its been that many months and you haven't been throwing away your media. A test kot could show you for sure tho.

I just out one of the decorations and some of the decorative rocks in my tank

tarpon said:

What you mean throw away media?

tarpon said:

Just cause it's been running for couple of months doesnt mean its cycled. How do you know he hasnt killed the bacteria while changing the water. Only the test kit can determine that

Back
Top Bottom