Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update!
Called and Had my mom run over to my house While, last lil guy didnt make it either : ( total loss, so now i feel sad and im going to start a fishless/live plant cycle so i dont hurt kill anything else: ( what a sad first fish tank experience

LOL! About the other thread- any anubias no matter how it comes should be attached to rock or driftwood etc. They sometimes put them in the pots so they won't float but they really shouldn't be rooted that way.

I think I know the reason for your fish loss. Using the spring water means you should have a radically different water pH than the water from your fish store. Unless you have substantial levels of ammonia, nitrite, or nitrates in the water I would just use your tap water and dechlorinate it.

Also, in the future when you add fish allow them to float in the tank for 15 minutes, remove 1/2 - 1 cups of water depending on how much is in the bag and replace it with a similar amount of water from your tank. After that allow it to float another 10 minutes and repeat the process. I would do this 3 - 4 times to minimize the shock from the pH change.

I also agree with fishless cycle being the easiest BUT a fish in cycle can be safely done without too much difficulty as long as you are diligent about water parameters.

I think I know the reason for your fish loss. Using the spring water means you should have a radically different water pH than the water from your fish store. Unless you have substantial levels of ammonia, nitrite, or nitrates in the water I would just use your tap water and dechlorinate it.

Also, in the future when you add fish allow them to float in the tank for 15 minutes, remove 1/2 - 1 cups of water depending on how much is in the bag and replace it with a similar amount of water from your tank. After that allow it to float another 10 minutes and repeat the process. I would do this 3 - 4 times to minimize the shock from the pH change.

I also agree with fishless cycle being the easiest BUT a fish in cycle can be safely done without too much difficulty as long as you are diligent about water parameters.

Right on man, i actually called my LFS and he said the same thing, so from now on i will be using tap water, thought "fancier" water could make it easier on my tank but seems that is incorrect

Yeah, it makes sense that the cleaner more chemical free water would be better for the fish but it usually over complicates things.

Back
Top Bottom