Here is a new 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Etunes

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well my Mogurnda Mogurnda has white on his eyeballs. I mean his eyeball is not cloudy it is on the surface of his eyeball. I have 4 catfish in the tank with him, so i assume it is a fungus. I thought it was strange as i have not put anything in the tank for atleast 6 months. So my plan of actions is melafix, i wanted to run it by you guys first. My only other question is after medicating can i use the filter on my main tank still or switch it to any other tank?

Im not sure if this is relevant , but a dead fish's eyes are dead white.. could that mean the eye of said fish is dead?????

Catfish tend to react weirdly to medication in my experience. What's your water hardness? It could be calcium on it's eye.

I am not sure honestly and dont have a test kit for it but i gurantee you it is pretty hard. I am not sure what it is though but i have never heard of metaflix and catfish not having any problems.

Just wanted to say that i got them mixed up. I dont think that melafix is the right med to use, i want to use pimafix.

lol, no. It is literally on the surface of the eye, not in the eye (the pupil is not white). That is why i know it is not a fungus.

I was just wondering how your fishes treatment is progressing?
Are you just doing Pimafix and/or anything else?
EDIT & Delete

Try slowly reducing your water's pH to re-dissolve the calcium (if it is due to hard water) . If you have a pic we can readily ID the disease.

EDIT: I would also try to dose with Kanamycin to be sure.

Fish Eye Disorders

If it is anything from this sight it would be the Saprolegnia Fungus. But the thing is it looks nothing like what i look up.

fishfungus.jpg

I was gonna buy the THIS. Finances kicked me in the butt this week but i am ordering it tomorrow as i will have money then.

As for the meds from that site i am not using Forma-Green as it is Not for use on scaless fish (I have a type of syno in the tank). And i am not using Copper sulfate. NOW, in doing research if that is it then i read that phenoxethol is the best way to treat but were do i find this stuff? And how much do i add? Everything i read says add to distelled water at a 1% ratio. Should i try the pimafix then the phenoxethol?

Pimafix & Melafix are actually best used in conjunction with one another. I can't remember the dosing off hand, but it should be on either the packaging or easily found on API's site. If you experience a bacteria bloom, you may need to aerate to maintain DO levels. Good luck! That is definitely a funky one.

Ok, well lights are off now and tomorrow before i leave i will put in a air stone and do a water change. But i am still at a lose at what meds to use.

OMG, i think i found a pic online with a mogurnda mogurnda with the same issue.

post-490-1192889143.jpg

If you see almost white on the surface of the fishes eye, but it dosent seem natural, almost like it might be in the way of his vision.

here is the link

Back
Top Bottom