Hey i'm moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribbz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well guys it looks like i'm gonna have to find some new fish stores because it looks as though i've landed myself a job in the chicago area. i am going to be graduating in two weeks and then moving to the lombard-schaumburg area. so if anyone can tell me about some good LFS's i would really appreciate it.
thanks
kyle

thanks man. yeah i'm excited and bummed as well. i don't want to leave the area because of all my friends but at the same time it's just gonna be a good opportunity. so i imagine i'll make my way back some time.

Well, Welcome to the neighborhood. I wish you luck with your new opportunity. Where exactly are you moving to? I am located just south of Chicago and I get out towards Oak Park, Tinley Park quite often. Do some of my shopping in NW Indiana too. There are a couple of places out by me to shop at.
When is the big moving day?

Mike

There's a few places in the far west 'burbs. PetLand in Batavia where I work is good for freshwater fish. The PetCo and PetSmarts near us don't have any "rare" fish but the fish they do have are healthy. All of that is a little bit of a drive for you though.

i just found my apartment this weekend and it is going to be in arlington hieghts right off of 53. so yeah i'll be moving in on wed. may 12th so i'll have to do some driving around to find a nice place or just to find my way around. :) you know i'm from a small town so it will be a BIG change for me.

kribbz,
Welcome to the neighborhood. For LFS, there is "Beyond the Reef" in schaumburg along golf road. They are quite expensive though. Further out, there is "Living Sea" and is bigger.

Tropi-Aquatics in Lombard has the BEST deals on tanks. Living Sea Aquarium in Park Ridge has the best fish selection BAR NONE! I am from Naperville until I moved up here. Scott's pet shop in westchester has a decent selection, but it's hard to get service. DO NOT forget to check out Living Seas first, I drive 8 hours still to go there...you'll see what I mean.

http://www.livingseaaquarium.com/

Boxster said:
kribbz,
Welcome to the neighborhood. For LFS, there is "Beyond the Reef" in schaumburg along golf road. They are quite expensive though. Further out, there is "Living Sea" and is bigger.

Ditto

Back
Top Bottom