Hi guys...can i ask a question about antibiotics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shoots2002

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can i use human antibiotics for my aquarium?my local fish store man told me so..but i decided to ask here first....

I am waiting for your replies as fast as possible ,,,,,thank you very much..

I forgot the name but it's a half red half white capsule...in it a white powder..he told me i can put a pinch every week to kill any parasite or a disease that are hiding in a plant or a fish i bought early .

I forgot the name but it's a half red half white capsule...in it a white powder..he told me i can put a pinch every week to kill any parasite or a disease that are hiding in a plant or a fish i bought early .

I wouldn't add anything to the tank unless you know what your treating. If its not needed then don't use it IMO.

I'm not sure about using human meds for fish but I'm sure it wouldn't be the best thing to do.

Ok thank you very much ...i throw it into the trash already..thanks again for your answers man..

Shouldn't antibiotics only be used in severe cases?

I wouldn't add anything to the tank unless you know what your treating. If its not needed then don't use it IMO.

I'm not sure about using human meds for fish but I'm sure it wouldn't be the best thing to do.

I have to agree with part of this- randomly dumping unknown meds to treat unidentified issues is simply dangerous and unwise. Identify what issue you may be dealing with (if any) and treat appropriately with the proper meds. Ruling out any water quality issues should always be the first step in treatment.

In respect to using human (or cat or cow,etc) meds on fish, it's dependent upon the med and the country within a person resides. The US is quite spoiled in respect to fish meds and their easy accessibility. Most countries require a vet script for almost everything and this is not practical for a lot of people, so sometimes utilizing the medicine cabinet is the only option.

I would think that using small amounts of any antibiotic would contribute to resistance of anything you are trying to kill.

You can buy fish meds at pet stores which are fine for fish except ones it says on the box.

I have to agree with part of this- randomly dumping unknown meds to treat unidentified issues is simply dangerous and unwise. Identify what issue you may be dealing with (if any) and treat appropriately with the proper meds. Ruling out any water quality issues should always be the first step in treatment.

In respect to using human (or cat or cow,etc) meds on fish, it's dependent upon the med and the country within a person resides. The US is quite spoiled in respect to fish meds and their easy accessibility. Most countries require a vet script for almost everything and this is not practical for a lot of people, so sometimes utilizing the medicine cabinet is the only option.

Like you said i am in Egypt and i love all animals and all types of living organisms,,i had in my tank soo many species i have owned over years from the redtail catfish downwards to live bearers,,,we haven't in our market all kinds of fish medicine so we have to change it to something in our hands.i just asked my best friend in detroit to buy me a punch of supplies as sera plant care set....so everyone thank you very much for your concern...shall you all accept me as a foreign friend?..
Thank you very much again

I am shocked no one reply me cause iam from egypt..common guys r u serious?

Attachments

• image-3125517216.jpg
    image-3125517216.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 40
Thank you guys that what i am talking about...i am just shocked that no one replies to my last word...thank you again..

Thank you guys that what i am talking about...i am just shocked that no one replies to my last word...thank you again..

We're all in different time zones. When you don't get replies immediately, it may be that most members are sleeping. ;-)

I don't think anyone would not reply to you becauseof where you at from. There are people from all over the world here.

I'm not sure about the meds your talking about but I have heard that in the case of an extreme crisis (like on the show Preppers, people prepare for potentially apocalyptic situations) they stock up on fish meds to use for humans if anything like that should happen, so they have them for back up assuming meds would not be readily available for crisis.... A guy also once told me he went to his local vet office to get amoxicillin or penicillins I treat a sinus infection... Not sure how legal that is though.

I don't think anyone would not reply to you becauseof where you at from. There are people from all over the world here.

I'm not sure about the meds your talking about but I have heard that in the case of an extreme crisis (like on the show Preppers, people prepare for potentially apocalyptic situations) they stock up on fish meds to use for humans if anything like that should happen, so they have them for back up assuming meds would not be readily available for crisis.... A guy also once told me he went to his local vet office to get amoxicillin or penicillins I treat a sinus infection... Not sure how legal that is though.

Thank you very much for the info...i will get it from Detroit..and my friend will ship them to me...

Back
Top Bottom