Hi guys! Can you help me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishybaby123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone

I'm from England and have 1 goldfish. My boyfriends family had 3 or 4 goldfish which all died apart from 1. They then decided to move to another country and didn't want to take the fish with them and were going to flush it down the toilet.

Being a massive animal lover I stepped in and said no way I will take care of it! not really having any idea how to care for a fish and how complex they really are.

Anyway I'm loving the fish, she has such a personality and would be so upset if anything happened to her. She was given to me in a tiny 14 litre tank with no conditioners. Since I have upgraded her to a bigger tank, more decor, conditioners, checking temperature, (bought ph level test) and trying to give her a varied diet than just boring fish flakes all the time. She seems pretty happy to me. She's around 3-4 years old and her growth has been stunted bless her.

Anyway I've done some googling but wondered if anyone knew what type of goldfish she is?
I think either a fantail or a veil tail.
What do you think?

F8CDAF63-FAF8-4ADD-922C-78C10A938904.jpg

First off, welcome to AA and congrats on the save.
I'd say fantail (but with a generously flowing tail). I believe a true veil tail has delta shaped tail fins with no fork.
Regardless, nice looking fish.

Last edited:
Welcome to AA. Thank you for saving her. I know nothing about Gold Fish but this is a great group of aquarium inhabitant lovers. My two cents worth.

Back
Top Bottom