Hiding peacocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tyler2354

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've got a 20 long with lace rock and crushed coral with three or four very young peacocks in it and one young mbuna I need to get out when I can. I want to know why they don't feel comfortable enough to swim around and be happy in the tank. My 75 gal has a bunch of older fish in it and not one of hem hides unless its a female holding eggs. So what's up with my peacocks?

If the plan is to grow them out until they're big enough to join the main aquarium and the setup and water parameters are similar, just go about your weekly maintenance and they'll settle in. Cichlid personalities are so interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You have to understand the nature of the fish. They are still very small and have their survival instincts kicked in. Small fish of nearly any kind are going to stick to the rocks. Open water means you get eaten, they do not know that no predators are lurking out there. When they get bigger they will come out more. Just give them time, or take away all their decor....

I know what you mean. I have neon blue chiwindis in my grow out tank. They are taking FOREVER

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom