Highlight fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ckalisz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, I have a 55g that I'm just starting to plant my current fish are
6 zebra danios,
6 odessa barbs,
2 juli cory,
2 spotted cory
Sae
4 amano shrimp

Planning 4 albino cory and either sunset plat ties or swords.

I just redid my substrate with bd sand which is the reason for the albinos and orange plat ties or swords.

I am looking for a good show off fish, kinda like a centerpiece plant only in fish form. I wanted a platinum angel for this purpose but my ph is just too high I think. I have had success with other angels in the tank but the platinum I bought only lasted a week which led to my discovery of my ph issue. It's 8.2.

So what are some suggestions? Something bigger and good coloration with black gravel but will be ok with shrimp and plants.

Would a betta work?

I think 90% of fish will adapt to your pH if you drip acclimate them and take your time. Fish can cope with a pH out of their range as long as its stable and not bouncing up high then down low and back high again. Hope this makes sense!!
Have you got a kH test kit?? If so what is your kH value?? If its low then your water may be prone to pH swings which is bad

No kh test kit but I'm pretty sure the ph is stable.

A gH and kH test kit is useful to have for a planted tank. Api do a good liquid kit.

If your happy your pH is stable then id try your platinum angel. Just be sure to properly drip acclimate over a couple of hours. In my opinion it should be fine

Yeah I just started actually testing my water after many years of just winging it. I've had no problems but the loss of my platinum angel really bugged me. I will be getting a test for those parameters.

Back
Top Bottom