Hm... This isn't right.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a established 10 gallon (1 year). I recently got a API master test kit, and this has been coming up. I am cycling my new 45 gallon and the readings are normal. I have had neon tetras, guppy fry, and danios in this tank for 3+ months. I don't think they could have survived if this was accurate.

I am using stress coat +...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395782160.097708.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you used any antibiotics recently? What is the exact stock? What's the filter? What is temp and ph?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Aqua clear 5-15 filter, something like that.

Temp not 100% sure, 70 ish.

1 Glo danio, 4 neon tetras, 10 guppy fry.

Small patch of dwarf hair grass, some java fern.

No antibiotics.

Ph: 7.8

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395783532.721732.jpg

Aqua clear 5-15 filter, something like that.

Temp not 100% sure, 70 ish.

1 Glo danio, 4 neon tetras, 10 guppy fry.

Small patch of dwarf hair grass, some java fern.

No antibiotics.

Ph: 7.8

View attachment 230093

It could be a dud test kit. I have been the owner of a saltwater tank before which require pristine water chemistry and I tried to avoid API test kits. API test kits aren't the best. Not saying they're bad at all but they aren't HIGH end accurate. Could be a perfectly fine kit and something in the water is interfering with the testing.

It could be a dud test kit. I have been the owner of a saltwater tank before which require pristine water chemistry and I tried to avoid API test kits. API test kits aren't the best. Not saying they're bad at all but they aren't HIGH end accurate. Could be a perfectly fine kit and something in the water is interfering with the testing.

Eh... I thought that too and I thought "Awww crap. How do I tell my dad I need another 25$ kit?" But then I tested my other tank (Nit even fully cycled, same dechlor, just with sand, and it's perfectly normal. This is weird.

can I give you a little assignment -

Can you do appx. 1/4 tank water in the vial and the rest tap water to fill it up to 5ml. It doesn't have to be perfect, just an approximate. Then do the test again.

can I give you a little assignment -

Can you do appx. 1/4 tank water in the vial and the rest tap water to fill it up to 5ml. It doesn't have to be perfect, just an approximate. Then do the test again.

Here it is after 5 min of settling...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395882942.878375.jpg. Looks like 2.0 ish. Not 100% sure though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom