Home depot lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tate

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was out in my garage and saw that we had two extra Phillips bulbs for our light and it said 40 watts and the fixture holds two bulbs. I was wondering if I could get the same fixture and use it over my 20l tank. Does anyone have any experience with shop lights?

Did I hear someone say Home Depot?!? What's your skill level\access to tools?

I dont know I'm only 14 ahha but I do have a skilled father

You can buy shop lights ready to hang but they don't come 30".. What's your goal in lighting? Fish viewing? Plants?

I want to get a light that will support low to low-medium plants because I do not want to dose co2

You'll have to wire that.. If it's the t5 model the bulbs are useless for a planted tank and I don't think they sell useful ones either.. Do you have a hood light on there currently?

If you can find a reasonably priced T8 fixture, a cord can be added. T5s are available in the correct K temp for plant growth, and they can be treated the same way as the T8, but a variety of tubes aren't as readily available. Usually, the best price is on 48" fixtures.

I do not have a hood now and is this one a t5 or t8 can't remember

For the bulbs? They have them there,24" GE 6500k daylight flourecents, you'll need to get a cord and some wire nuts for that fixture, I can walk you through the setup, it's simple.. That light will give solid low light in your tank...

A walk through would be great starting with all the supplies I will need

Light fixture, bulbs mentioned before, 6 foot replacement light cord, 2 wire nuts..

Should I hang it or place it on the bottom side of a cabinet shelf

You want it as close to the top as possible, you should also get a glass top for tank..

I have a glass top. All of these supplies would be available at Lowes?

Back
Top Bottom