Home depot lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice Venymae! Are those the 8.5" dome lights? With the 13w or 26w CFLs? That really lights up the tank.

I wish, it's not my tank. I do use CFL's though, just came across this when looking to update my own lighting and thought the OP might like it.

I am going to get these. 36 watt per 20 gallon long gives me 1.8 watts per gallon which is ideal because I do not need to dose co2

Attachments

• 1398390221666.jpg
    1398390221666.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 59
Crypts
a9uvupup.jpg
compacta
remyvusu.jpg
do these plants need root tabs? Any suggestions on aquascaping also I hate the compacta placement
ebygury6.jpg

App wouldn't let me put the full pictures on but you can still see the huge difference the cardboard reflectors make

Attachments

• 1398990513404.jpg
    1398990513404.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 59
I would separate the compacta and plant the stems an inch or two apart in a small grouping or a jagged line pattern in front of the DW

Thanks fresh I love your 20 long tank!!

I got some api root tabs and placed one under my crypt but I am uncertain whether to put on under the compacta. Should I bother putting one Under the compacta?

Oh and also would you recommend me running one floramax bulb and one 6500k daylight bulb or are the two 6500k fine by their selves

Little over a week later and there is noticeable growth. I'm pretty content on how the light is performing. Or is this slow growth...1399937562237.jpg

Little over a week later and there is noticeable growth. I'm pretty content on how the light is performing. Or is this slow growth...View attachment 237049

It looks fine. Once the plants get established the pace will pickup. I have crypts and they are slow growers. But they are steady; producing babies via runners. I think they look better in lower than higher light.

Decent growth on all of em. Flourish dose once or twice a week and do your weed water changes and you should be fine with what you have.

I will second the workshop fixtures and screw in CFL's. I added two and 23w 6700k bulbs to my tank while I wait for my LED fixture. You could fit to of them on top of your tank. I could fit 4 on top of my 36" wide.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Pics attached.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1399964385863.jpg
    1399964385863.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 1399964398983.jpg
    1399964398983.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 64
Is this what a runner is? Or is it some sort of weed... Lol I'm so confused.
narebuhy.jpg

My vote is some sort of weed. That is very small. Runners are pretty obvious when you see them. Starts out as a shoot poking through the gravel and then goes from there.

How would I surely know if it is a weed? If it is should I pull it out?

It's a weed if it's keeping light from other plants or visibly not what you'd want. I really can't tell what we're looking at from your picture, tho. :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Echinodorus argentinensis
yva9u2en.jpg
u9aja2a4.jpg
full tank update
ge5e9umu.jpg
2 weeks later compacta is filling in nicely

I have been eyeing a micro sword at Petco and I really want it:D could I grow it in my current setup?

Back
Top Bottom