Home depot lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would I be able to grow moderate light plants?

What are some nice low light plants you guys prefer

How deep does my sand bed need to be?

One last question sorry... Where do you get your plants? LFS?

One last question sorry... Where do you get your plants? LFS?
I'm going to recommend the top fin packs from petsmart for starter plants! No snails or algae;) make sure they are fully aquatic, it will say it in package.. You'll have to google the lighting requirements on your phone if you pick anything not mentioned before..

One more thing... Will I need to dose fertilizers in this tank?

Flourish is all I need? Not a pps pro pack

And would a diy canopy help aid in the lighting strength and range it is just sitting on the tank and a lot of light is lost

I bought two pumps thinking I was going to make a diy auto Doser but I guess I will return them

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/diy-aquarium/need-lighting-help-55-gallon-planted-118294/
Z
Z

This might also be a more simple option. The light fixtures are cheap and CFLs will work fine for low-medium planted tanks (at least I've had good success)
6255766608_27d9a7beee_b.jpg

First two pics didn't load but could you load a link to the fixtures or would any fixtures work? would I need to dose co2 or ferts? Would two be enough for a 20l

Main question would be if i had to dose co2 or ferts. Could I use the mini CFLs in some small desktop dome lights I have with the same effect?

Brookster, I just looked up the bulb temperature of the light and it is a 6500k light. Does this improve the intensity of the light? Medium light plants?

Back
Top Bottom