How about this light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Welsh

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking for a replacement lamp that will clip on to my tank. I was looking at the 11w Arcadia Arc lamp but then stumbled across this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nano-Aquarium-Fish-Tank-Lighting/dp/B0040YV0JM/ref=pd_cp_lp_3

I hear LED's are supposed to be better than normal lights, or something like that and I was just wondering whether this would be sufficient enough for my 17L - it will only have low light plants: Anubia's, Java Fern, Crypts,etc, but I still wan't a decent lamp, at a suitable price.

I don't know anything about that LED light, but I have the 11w Arcadia lamp and I really like it. Actually, I have two because I added a second one to the one that came with my (64 liter) tank. I really like the design / look of the light, as well as the color light that it gives off, and my plants are growing really nicely, even though I only have 22W per 64 L.

It is a strong possibility that I'll be getting the arcadia lamp. Does it just clip on to the tank, or do you need to screw it on, or something? I'll be using it on a 17 litre tank, so that will give me about....3wpg - I think, pretty good for the plants I want, but my tank isn't arcadia.

It doesn't clip on, you just sort of fasten it on and then tighten the screw to hold it in place. It would fit a very large range of glass thickness as it is very adjustable as far as that goes.

I would bet that you could venture into some more light-intensive plants if you wanted to; I am way under 3wpg (1.3 to be exact) and my plants are growing like weeds -- even the ones that require medium intensity light. I was sort of surprised about that, I have to admit.

Ahh, I know the type, I was hoping it was something like that lol

What plants are you growing with it?

Hygrophila siamensis (medium light)
Ludwigia cardinalis (medium light)
sagitaria sublata (med to high light)
Anubias (low light)
Althernanthera lilacina (high light)

I have a 75w shop light from Home Depot clipped to my 5.5gal planted with one betta, plants are growing, wistera, anbis nana, sag. I also added at 150w shop light to my 56 gal planted in addition to the 2 t5 double strips. Since i added the shop lights the plants have almost doubled in size. The 150 shop light with bulb cost 19.99us, the 75w and shoplight was less.

Attachments

• 5.5 gal.jpg
    5.5 gal.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 29 gal.jpg
    29 gal.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 56 gal.jpg
    56 gal.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 54
I love the last tank :) What plants do you have in there?

Does anyone know of any liquid fertilizers, that have all the essential nutrients for plants. I've noticed that my anubia's are turning slightly yellow at the tips and I know its not down to not enough light, as I have 7wpg over a 17 litre tank. Also, I've noticed in my other tank... 12UK gallons - 15W - 6500k, that the Anubia's nana has started getting pin holes and browning. I've had the nana for nearly a year and the barteri for about 2 months and I know better than to bury the rhizome, so I think its down to the fact that I just don't dose ferts - I have flourish comprehensive and tend to overdose and kill my fish, as Maths isn't my strong point - along with grammar and punctuation, as you can see haha

The two large plants on both sides are wisteria, there is also an Crypt bronze and ludwiga I believe. In the back is a large piece of drift wood with java moss coverig it with a hair net but you cant see it due to the growth of the wisteria. there is also two amazon swords, one in the front and one behind the wisteria on the right, the tank needs to be trimmed. thank you for the coment.

Attachments

• 2011-10-06_13-50-34_518[1].jpg
    2011-10-06_13-50-34_518[1].jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 46
Your welcome! :) That wisteria looks awesome! I tried growing that when I first started out, but it turned yellow, then transparent, before dying. I really don't have much luck with plants lol. Now that I have a better light over my betta tank, I can't find the plant anywhere lol.

It's a 56 gal with an fx5 filter. I think if you get sufficient lights it will grow, I have eco complete substrate. The plant was growing slowly until I added the 150 w shop light. I've trimmed it twice. I do run a dyi co2 occasionally but the lights are what matters and good substrate. Also I leave my lights on for 12 hrs. a day using a cheap lamp timer.
check out AquaticJungle with Dustins Fish tanks, the guy knows his business and his video uploads are great. You can tell by his tanks the guy has a lot of experience.

check out AquaticJungle with Dustins Fish tanks, the guy knows his business and his video uploads are great. You can tell by his tanks the guy has a lot of experience.

cool!!!!!!!

ya and also he is cool if u sent him an email he will help u out also he talks about using dirt in ur tank he uses miracle grow organic choice for substrate!!!!!!

also check fishtanktv.com over there ppl have videos on how to videos for anythin on planted tanks

Back
Top Bottom