How can I improve this tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silthrim

Aquarium Advice Regular
I feel like my tank could be a lot better but I'm not sure what to do. It's a 20 gallon currently with 2 Bolivian Rams, 1 Dwarf Gourami, and 4 Neon Tetras. There are 3 amazon swords and 1 anubias and some type of moss/grass I put in the back.

What do you guys think?

There's a piece of driftwood on the bottom right and I realize there is an amazon sword leaf stuck to the intake lol

Attachments

• image-216501717.jpg
    image-216501717.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 95
Here we go.

Attachments

• image-667783664.jpg
    image-667783664.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2772582850.jpg
    image-2772582850.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 72
  • image-3140438694.jpg
    image-3140438694.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 79
  • image-2217487387.jpg
    image-2217487387.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 69
They definitely are. I bought 6 neons but 1 didn't even make it home and 1 died the next day. The other 4 are doing fine. I've had all of these fish for like 2 weeks. Fish-less cycled in about a week due to using filter media from my other tank. I'm still trying to figure out what else I can add fauna-wise. :p

I'm trying to do that to my tank myself. So honestly I wouldn't know

Haha alright that's good to know. I probably will at least add some more plants. I love plants. Also, I'm probably gonna have to return my gourami cause he's being too aggressive.

I personally like a lot of plants and many hidey holes but that's my personal pref. With your tank I might mix the deco's up a little more, instead of having all the Roman ruins in one area move them where they kind of surround your rock cave or make a kind of semi circle around it. Maybe put the DW angled some like a tree that fell over onto something, lean against the side of the tank or in a corner or against one of the other deco's. Am I making sense?

I feel like my tank could be a lot better but I'm not sure what to do. It's a 20 gallon currently with 2 Bolivian Rams, 1 Dwarf Gourami, and 4 Neon Tetras. There are 3 amazon swords and 1 anubias and some type of moss/grass I put in the back.

What do you guys think?

There's a piece of driftwood on the bottom right and I realize there is an amazon sword leaf stuck to the intake lol

Your probably going to end up doing what many members have done, start of with fake decor / ornaments and little by little transition to an all natural tank.
I like the look, and you've been given some good suggestions. I would recommend add a black background if it's up against a wall... it really makes a stark difference and you may even get new ideas/ inspiraton.

Yeah I can see myself doing that haha. What do people usually use for a black background? Would black construction paper work? I rearranged my deco an hour ago. I'll take another picture tomorrow with more light. I moved some of the columns to the right and put the cave and the wood in the middle. I also added 3 more amazon swords.

You can paint it or you can buy a background they have plain ones or you can get natural looking ones or reefs.

I also believe that there are backgrounds out there that have pictures on one side and just a plain black background on the other side, so you can choose.....

Excited about seeing your rearranged tank:D

:p I decided to turn the tank light on for a sec to take a picture. Also, I returned my dwarf gourami and now my total inhabitants are: 2 Bolivian Rams, 6 Neon Tetras, and 6 Harlequin Rasboras.

I like this tank arrangement better.

Attachments

• image-3574831825.jpg
    image-3574831825.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 101
Thanks a lot and yeah the rasboras are really neat. I've never had any before. All of my neons and rasboras are hanging out together in one big group basically. It's cool to watch.

Back
Top Bottom