How Do I Make A Black Background?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a 75 Gallon tank that I want to make the background black. The problem however is theres a wall on 2 of the sides Back and Right Side and I can get my arm to the back of the tank on the right side because theres not a large enough gap.

Get a large piece of colored posterboard and cut it to fit, it's rigid enough to slide into place.

this is a good idea because I could allow it to rest on my stand and just secure the top right corner and I would think it would be just fine.

yeah, i've always treated it that way. I don't paint backgrounds because its a PITA to get the paint off if you ever need to. Granted, you may not ever need to, but if you do, then it sucks.

I bought 16 15g's that were all painted on 3 sides, since I turned them sideways onto racks I had to scrape paint on every single one.

I used black wrapping paper. It looks great and it's super cheap! If you take a look at my albums, my frontosa tank is wrapping paper.

Back
Top Bottom