How do you get water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used a 45gal, 20gal cooler and 5,5gal buckets.if you don't have a truck maybe a friend does. If you go with salt mix look at dr gs they sell it in Fl. Less expensive excellent quality and made in US. Check out their site

lets say i do end up mixing salt, can i just fill the tank with rodi water and then mix in the salt and once its right i add rock and sand or can the rock and sand be in there with just rodi water and then mix salt?

bjj_junkie said:
lets say i do end up mixing salt, can i just fill the tank with rodi water and then mix in the salt and once its right i add rock and sand or can the rock and sand be in there with just rodi water and then mix salt?

In a new tank, you can mix the salt in the tank before adding lr, or sand, but after that you'll have to mix salt separate.

Yes. Depending on how they filter the ocean water, that might be the better/easier option since you won't have to mix the salt and adjust the salinity.

Back
Top Bottom