How do you name your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, so we're REALLY new to the fish thing. LOL

Yes, we thought the little guy was an oscar and named him as such and then found out he was a pleco. But he was still lazy so the name fit! LOL

Anyway, my husband thinks it's cute that I named the fish so I will continue to do so when we get new fish. However, I will try to find out what they are first so as not to confuse everyone.

It's four days after all the others died and Fred & Ginger are still alive and swimming. WOOT!

Sue...fish newbie

I named one of my live-bearing fish named Uwe Boll because she's daaaaaark and broooding. Turns out, Uwe is a female, so I'm naming her progeny after Uwe Boll's films. So far, I have Postal, BloodRayne, and Rampage. Let's see who cranks 'em out faster - my fish that does nothing but screw and birth every 21 days, or the famous director.

Oh, also, my first set of female platys were Shake & Bake, but Shake died. Right after she died, I found a baby she had, so I named her Shake-ira (get it...Shakira?) I'm not funny.

You asked....

My Betta is named Wallie. My boyfriend surprised me with him on Valentine's Day with a copy of the Movie, Wallie.
>Please remember to turn your head AWAY from your computer when puking.<
;)
My Neon Tetras all looked the same and I was joking when we put them in the tanks that they were all getting 1 name since there was no way to tell who was who. The receipt from the store said Earl S was my cashier and the TV show 'My Name Is Earl' was on while we were waiting for the fish to float so in true cosmic design they became 'The E A R L S'.
("S" was killed by Hatter, so now I just have E A R L.)
My Plecos were a surprise gift (again) from my boyfriend and he named them Chester and Hatter from Alice In Wonderland since he knew I loved the story, I was waiting to go see the movie and he liked Chester's striped tail and Hatter's big head.
Hatter killed Chester.
My boyfriend will not name fish anymore. LOL.
The Harlequins are named M A R D I like Mardi Gras since they reminded me of some of the riders on the floats.

None of my fish care that they have names and would never give me the satisfaction of coming when called if they knew their names.
LOL

Lol me too but i like to think they do care

I admit, I pretend they all rush over because I call. They luv me!
:zip:
I refuse to admit they only care because I have freeze dried worms.
:eating:

I do allow delusions to make me believe it is me Wallie loves since he ignores others by the tank.
I just choose to ignore that I am the only food giver, and I choose to forget that he tries to bite me when I move stuff in the tank.
:gangsta:
He loves me, really he does!
:crazyeyes:

lol

I admit, I pretend they all rush over because I call. They luv me!
:zip:
I refuse to admit they only care because I have freeze dried worms.
:eating:

I do allow delusions to make me believe it is me Wallie loves since he ignores others by the tank.
I just choose to ignore that I am the only food giver, and I choose to forget that he tries to bite me when I move stuff in the tank.
:gangsta:
He loves me, really he does!
:crazyeyes:

lol

uhhhh........ :taped:

its bad luck to name fish imo... that being said... my wife named my red oscar "reds" and my lemon oscar "lemony"... only 2 fish that have names and theyre doing great

We haven't usually named our fish. They are either "the tetras" - for the Black Skirt Tetras. "The rummies", "Little catifsh" and "The catfish" (for the bigger ones)

We have an orange sailfin molly who we just call "Molly" as he was the first molly.
Then we have a black/white baloon molly we call "Spotty Molly"
But we've just got an orange baloon molly and I'm struggling for a name for him as you can't call him "Orange Molly" as we already have an orange molly nor can you call him baloon molly as "Spotty Molly" is also a baloon molly!

Back
Top Bottom