How does this look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pcdebb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had my 46 bow setup for a short while and my water wisteria is doing great (growing out of control actually lol), so I added a few more and a few water primrose to see how they do. Id like to add a little bit more. Any recommendations from the more experienced here?

as far as the livestock, the jury is still kinda out, but I'm still toying with the idea of adding a couple of Discus. I plucked all of my male endlers out and put them in here to give it some life, and added a couple of botias to quickly handle a small snail problem. might add a small school of neons this week.

btw, what are the stringy plants on the front right and left called? I cant remember?
planted.jpg

im not sure but they look like mondo grass ...if so..they are not fully aquatic....someone with more knowledge will chime in if I am incorrect..

Blyxa Japonica maybe?

This looks nice and the Wisteria is looking good in the back!

I think the tall Wisteria in the front should move to the back opposite corner to the other one, move the heater vertically behind the bushy wisteria, and it is pretty already. Maybe a little driftwood to add height and focal point in center.

Thanks for your input. Yea the wisteria in the back just really grew out of control, I had to trim some of it down. the tall one in the front I was just seeing how it looked, but I agree, I will move it to the back opposite end. I wanted to find a nice piece of driftwood. I had a piece when i had my flatback hex, but I was having issues where my water was looking funny so I took it out. Petco actually had some pieces of driftwood I admired that I might take a look at again. It was fully submersed in their planted tank, any other time ive seen driftwood its always been dry.

as far as the heater than might be a challenge, either the cord on it is short, or the power strip it's plugged into is too short to allow me to move it over to the left side. I might move it horizontal and move it down so it's not as visible. May just have to get another power strip with a longer cord, i believe i'm using just a 4ft cord or something (plugs are at a premium in the room, there's three other tanks lol)

I"m also proud that I'm maintaining everything so far without the co2 injection. planted substrate and co2 booster or leaf zone is all I've used, closely monitoring everything especially pH

Adding a plant with a different leaf shape and color will add alot to the tank. Something like Red Tiger Lotus or one of the Crypt Wendtii in red or bronze will add alot to the tank.

Adding a plant with a different leaf shape and color will add alot to the tank. Something like Red Tiger Lotus or one of the Crypt Wendtii in red or bronze will add alot to the tank.

A Red Tiger Lotus offset a little to the mid right (opposite the large Wisteria) would look fantastic when it grows in.

I wouldn't really go with Discus personally, as that limits the plants and fish compatible with them :(

A Red Tiger Lotus offset a little to the mid right (opposite the large Wisteria) would look fantastic when it grows in.

I wouldn't really go with Discus personally, as that limits the plants and fish compatible with them :(

I'd have to look for that plant :)
As far as Discus, there wouldn't be an audience of others with them if anybody. I want to at least try them tho because I'm going to keep talking about it lol

If you are thinking about Discus you would be better to go with Cardinals due to their ability to be in the temp of water Discus like. Neons from my understanding prefer 78F. The Cardinals are always the ones kept with Discus.

Cardinal or Rummynose tetras are both good with the higher temps and being used in Discus tanks. Just as Sterbai Cory Cats are the one cory species that does well and prefers higher temps.

Okay. Duly noted. My pH is testing at 7.4 the last few days. Pretty steady. New plants are taking very well.

Looks good. Recommendations have already been stated. Can't wait to see an update on this one.

I found a driftwood piece that had anubias growing out of it, but the guy in the store tried to squeeze the huge piece in a tiny bag. I was still working so I couldn't get it. That will look nice when I do get it in there. I will surely update a pic this weekend.

I have read some sources that heaters should be placed diagonal as you have done, to maximize heat distribution. But I have my Eheim Jäger vertical, which is what it recommended in the heater instructions.

Not all brands can be used diagonal. I have Fluval E series and they have to be used vertical. You have to check to see what each brand says about mounting.

I have read some sources that heaters should be placed diagonal as you have done, to maximize heat distribution. But I have my Eheim Jäger vertical, which is what it recommended in the heater instructions.

I read that somewhere and all of my tanks have the heater placed this way, except in my 10 angel tank

added a few more plants in the tank today to try and fill it in a little more. what do you think?

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom