How does this look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is looking very pretty.

The little plant in front of the center rock is distracting from the rock as a focal point.

You could use some reddish plants and maybe a Red Tiger Lotus on either side of your center stone. And a driftwood chunk jutting out from near the stone!

I have some Ludwgia Repens x l. Arcuata and it looks nice with a little red in low light (darker with more light). Maybe you can find some of that.:flowers:

Still looking for some "colorful" plants. There's one store I havent been in that I will check out when I have time later this week. I have a feeling I may make a major score when I get there :D

there is a small driftwood piece in there that has the anubias growing out of it, but it's not as big as I hoped it would be, so im also on a search for a good looking driftwood piece to center the plants around. It's certainly a work in progress and I'm loving it!

added a few more plants and added a school of neons....and finally pulled the trigger and got my first discus!! I think I'm done adding stuff now, I think it looks nice now :)

picture.php

Looks pretty nice. What color Discus did you get?

He's white, and his fins have like a blue tint to it. very pretty. i was also told he's tank-raised. he's still skiddish when i enter the room so I can never get a good shot of him, but I will :)

there were other discus in the tank, but some of the research I did kept me from buying them. I read somewhere to look at them straight on and if they have a pinched head, dont get it. had a pretty orange one with that.

and the neons are beautiful too. I love to see how they shimmer as they swim as a school

White Diamond? Beautiful!!! do you mind me asking how much you paid/size?

Look what you have done...I spent an hour last night drooling over Discus Pics, looking at colors patterns. I have been setting up stock so I could get these and am now waiting for my lfs to get in a awesome batch of mixed babies so I can actually afford a couple! If they are the right ones...

Thank you! From the simplydiscus site, I think he closely matches a White Diamond. Very pretty. I paid $40 for him. The guy says he's somewhere between 4~6 months old. There's only three LFS in the area I'm aware of that sells them, the biggest store has a better selection, but the prices start at $60.

I have this tank in my second bedroom/office/den. I was sitting here just admiring the tank so much I feel asleep in my chair :D He's just beautiful. Cant wait to get another one in there with him.

Very lovely. Probably even color up even more once he gets really settled in.

My lfs gets in little 2.5" mixed and often has sales for them at $20-$22.50-$25. depending on the shipment. If you get there the day they come in or day after there are often a few special jewels available. Being at the right place at the right time! For the right fish...lol So I am still hoping!

Other wise they seem to start around $35-40 for 2.5-3" as you know they go straight up from there! There is another store kinda far, but I have heard of survival issues. That is alotta $ to buy a sick fish.

Good tip about the pinched head. What is the cause or problem that causes it?

wow, those are excellent prices!

the pinched forehead is a a sign of either illness or lack of nutrition, i'm not sure. here's the thread that I found some info from: What not to buy

there are alot of good stickies there that I have read that has helped me tremendously, and some other stuff from googling.

I get home today and he sort of came to the middle to say "here I am". I love it! I also bought another marineland filter, so I will be running two filters on this tank. I just want to make sure all is well in this tank.

Wow, the info on the Discus is knocking my socks off! I did alot of reading about them but must of missed that what not to buy part!!! Thanks for the heads up!

Your Discus will make your tank look beautiful by it's mere presence! :flowers:

oh yes I can't wait to add another one. I will get at least one, maybe two for now.

oh no!!! my light blew out on me. One of the bulbs melted the plastic that covers it (to protect from moisture i guess) and is cracked, and none of them work. My poor tank has been in the dark all day :(

lighty.jpg

apparently the entire fixture is fried. had it less than a year. i'm less than happy about it. I had to buy another one but it's going back, just not as bright. going to contact the manufacturer to see what I can do.

apparently the entire fixture is fried. had it less than a year. i'm less than happy about it. I had to buy another one but it's going back, just not as bright. going to contact the manufacturer to see what I can do.

Just a sec,some fixtures will only light up if both bulbs are functional...my corallife fixtures only light up when both bulbs are in at the same time,one bulb goes out or I remove one its lights out...

Back
Top Bottom