How far should I really go!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anytime. When you use Vit C just start with half doses. If that's all you need to bring your corals around it'll be better than using more IMO. If it takes the full dose that's fine, too. It's always better to go slow with anything in a reef tank.

Completely agree with you 100%, do I do half doses everyday or until I see a difference in my corals?

Tonynose188 said:
Completely agree with you 100%, do I do half doses everyday or until I see a difference in my corals?

Just follow the label but cut the amount by half. Then see how things respond. :)

Ordered the Vit c and just got my tumbler in the mail for my gfo have it in Rodi and a little vinegar to clean it. Do you have to rinse GFO

Definitely. If you have a bucket for saltwater you could also fill it with plain tap water, put the GFO in the reactor, set it in the bucket on the counter next to a sink and let it run with the reactor discharge going in the sink. Plug it in and let it run until you see it's clear. After that you empty out the water and install in in your sump. It's the best way I know to clean it.

Your the best, I'll keep this post open just in case I need help lol thank you again

I have a HOB skimmer/refugium combo and the skimmer kinda sucks doesn't pull alot of skim mate and I always have to reset the air line cause bulbs stop. Do I need one on my 29.? Should I do another skimmer? Should I change the pump (currently a 250gph pump) to something stronger?

What brand and model are you using for the skimmer filter combo? Skimmers really do improve overall tank health, especially over time.

Actually bought it on ebay brand new but a no name brand, but came with a odessea pump 250 just not happy with the bubbles it made in skimmer chamber

You could try an airstone in the skimmer and just use the pump for flow. I've done lots of that type of modification on cheap skimmers and was pleased every time. If you have an airpump, check valve and stone lying around it may be worth a shot. Honestly, it may sound goofy but I prefer air driven skimmers on small reefs. It ends up being far easier to adjust and you get better results.

So adding an air pump will not mess up the power head impellar at all? Cause i thought about that.

You want to add it after the pump. Right at the bottom of the skimmer tube is the best place for most setups. I don't have it in front of me so it's hard to tell you with certainty.

Can I add the air pump to the air line that goes to the power head now? Like the venturi part I guess

Tonynose188 said:
Can I add the air pump to the air line that goes to the power head now? Like the venturi part I guess

That would be meaningless. It would defeat the purpose of the modification. The idea is to have the pump only pump water with the air intake completely closed, then use an airstone in the actual reaction chamber. It may not be doable with your skimmer. If it is it should be pretty obvious. Do you have a picture of it or a link to where I could see a picture? I would be able to help you out a lot better with a visual.

I could put an air stone in the bottom of the skimmer

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121124_200853.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121124_200853.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 62
Is Iodine a good add to my tank, I been adding a small amount daily?

Tonynose188 said:
Is Iodine a good add to my tank, I been adding a small amount daily?

I've never added more than one tiny dose a week. With iodine, small amounts are safer than having excess. I'd quit for a month and then start again using a very small amount weekly. I always dose it though. If you do weekly water changes you don't need it at all but because I always only do PWCs monthly it seemed to help.

Back
Top Bottom