How long before angelfish lay eggs??? And other ?s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Truth be told, I didn't learn about the PH changes due to aeration volumes in a book. It came from experiencing the situation. Sometimes, trial and error beats out planning and research.
I'd suggest you ask Bob for the best books available today as I don;t know if you can get copies of the books I have in my library.
You can also google the following authors: Dr. Herbert Axelrod ( He was the publisher of TFH publications and has found many new varieties of fish on his yearly sojourns to the Amazon. If you look at fish's latin names, anything ending in axelrodi is named for him.), Dr. Leonard P. Schultz (Co- author of one of my breeding bibles), Dr. Clifford Emmens, Dr. Warren E Burgess, Neal Pronek, William Vorderwinkler, Dr. William Innis, Dr. Robert J. Goldstein. I'd soak up whatever info you can get from these people. Their books are a major portion of my library. HOWEVER, practical experience has taught me more than just about anything I've read. You see, water is not the same everywhere so you can take basic knowledge from what you read but the application may not apply to your area or water type. This is where dependable LFSs come into play. Since they are the ones bringing in the fish, theirs are the water parameters you want to duplicate.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom