How many of yall name your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heyheyitsrae

Aquarium Advice Activist
I don't name any of mine, although my sister named my newest male betta "Sam" on my behalf. It's not that I don't notice the different personalities, I just don't care to name them.

I name mine ;-)
I have 4 goldfish. 2 comets- Ronnie and Shark- fin and 2 black moors- Sammy and Paco.
Not everyone names their fish! It depends on what your preference is.

I name them if I can think of a good name for them. I have an eel named Fez and I named one of my rainbows Frankie. The others are nameless

I don't name my fish. I just don't really feel the need to name them lol. But I also don't think there's any reason not to do it, if you want to.

I name my fish before I even get them into the tanks, lol. I always go with really serious names because it's such a hilarious contrast to the goofy personalities of my goldies.

My 5 year old names my fish, we have a bn pleco (om nom) and I don't remember the names of the others (something pertaining to chuck, bob, I don't remember) and we have a platy named Martha named by HN1, he said she looks like a Martha and it just kind of stuck with her lol

I name some fish, not others. Bettas tend to get names. I had one named Dimitri when I was a kid, my latest Bettas were Dante and Mr. Pink. I had a girl betta named Belladonna a few years back, along with two males named Foxglove and Hemlock. None of the fish I have now have names, though. I have thought of some possibilities for my pufferfish, but nothing has stuck. I sometimes count them off as Ein, Zwei, and Drei though when I'm checking on them. The smallest one has been nicknamed Derpy Fish by my roomate, though. He is just a little more clumsy than the other two.

heyheyitsrae said:
I don't name any of mine, although my sister named my newest male betta "Sam" on my behalf. It's not that I don't notice the different personalities, I just don't care to name them.

Sam is my name! :D I name the fish I can tell apart like my GBR , platies , guppies

Samzter said:
Sam is my name! :D I name the fish I can tell apart like my GBR , platies , guppies

Haha I think she named it Sam after Uncle Sam, because he's kinda red white and blueish.

Attachments

• image-819866104.jpg
    image-819866104.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 68
My elephant nose is called gonzo, my betta is butters, my bn is miss piggy & my bulldog is called snoopy. :)

shellyx said:
My elephant nose is called gonzo, my betta is butters, my bn is miss piggy & my bulldog is called snoopy. :)

Gonzo is a great name for an elephant nose!

I have 5 angels , and each has a name
Casper is white with some orange
King is black with a gold "crown" on his head
Patchy is.... Patchy
DeVille is black with a white cruella DeVille strips on his top fin.
Finn is a long finned marbled angel

I also have a pearl gourami named Tina ( former owners name just stuck with her)

And a red and blue beta named Flaze ( flame and blaze) by my sister

I have a huge corycat named big mac

And a loach named spazz

My African cichlids are named after characters and famous zombies in Night of the Living Dead, my pleco is named Nessy because of his potential size. My feather fin catfish is named Dr Herbert West, after HP Lovecraft's Re-Animator. I love horror flicks that much lol.
My son named his crowntail betta Hun. I have no idea, he's 2 lol

Back
Top Bottom