How many of yall name your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love naming fish. Even when I had six tanks running, I still named every single fish. As you get more fish, naming them all gets harder, but I have a bit of a naming addiction. Lol.

Names

Fuzzbutz and Whiskers-panda cory

Click and clack-bronze cory

MR. Orange-Red wag platy

The quartet- my four black neons

The Gang-Neon tetras
:rolleyes:

i have a ram named rambo because he's a bit of a fighter.
i have a cockatoo named celo.
i have a flag cichlid named killer because he's so big but he's a big baby that's all.

the rest shall remain anonymous. :)

Hand in the air - I do I do! All 5 of my Bettas are named but my 2 CAE's are not because I don't know what sex they are. My Bettas are Simon, Berry, Rosie, Ruby & Violet, I had a 6th named Clara Bella, but I lost her back in March, she was my favorite :-(

I do! Here we go...

Green Goblin the green spot puffer

In my 10g
Louis the male betta
Phoebe the female betta (FEmale BEtta named by my daughter)
Bob and Larry the largest of numerous Malaysian trumpet snails
4 African dwarf frogs that have no names because I can't tell them apart

My daughters 5g
Cherry the red male betta
Gary the mystery snail

My sons 10g
Suds the sunset platy
Slippery the mystery snail. They have these names because they are the only survivors of the great soap attack of 2012

Display tank
Mr. Fred the pleco
Angel the angelfish
Tetra the white cloud minnow
Ed, Edd and Eddie the black skirt tetras
Orange, Lemon and Lime the red minor tetras
Ghost the silver Molly and Shadow the black Molly

Tried to attach pics but the application keeps crashing...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120716_024754.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120716_024754.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 72
Ive got 2 Orange ROck Snails named ET & Paul
2 Crayfish named Dexter & Scully
one unique coloured guppy,(tail looks like leopard skin, my kids named him DISCO :) Ive also heard them talk about Splish Splash and Spotty) I normally just give names to the animals I have the least amount of or when they have a very unique colouring to them.

When I get new fish I let my niece and nephew name them they are both 2 within reason of course I dont want a fish name poopy head :ROFLMAO: They love when i get a new fish its a new friend they get to name and admire. They normally name them after animals/fish they see in movies. My current sw tank is named after the madagascar movie and it fits pretty well. I wonder what they will name my corals once i get my tank setup :popcorn:

I name mine but its only because I tend to keep fish that need their own tanks.

A few names from over the past few years are...

Buca- a JD.
Killian- a RD
Jameson- a bichir
Bud/Bud light- dovii pair
Whiskey- a Trimac
Sam/Adams- convict pair
Bean- a grammode

That's a few that I can think off the top of my head, some I didn't name I would have to go back and look at some photo albums to remember the rest.

I name my fish but if I can't think of a name for a certain fish I make it ryhme with one of my other fishes name in the tank. I had a betta named galaxy...

common spotted pleco- Dr. Zoidberg (whoop whoop whoop whoops around and shows his dorsal when aroused...
albino cory- Mr. Whiskers cause he's just so dang happy and wriggly
pink gourami- came with name Pinky (he's adopted...don't tell him)
banded bichir- Killer the 2nd (does not kill anything...yet)
3 koi- Blue, Bob, and a goldish one who is not named

Moving up to a 150 fw very very soon, and have decisions to make about who goes where.

I name all the fish that are personable which lets me tell them apart. But with schooling fish which I enjoy, I cannot always tell them apart so I choose a group name or that sort of thing.

beginner on the loose said:
I name all the fish that are personable which lets me tell them apart. But with schooling fish which I enjoy, I cannot always tell them apart so I choose a group name or that sort of thing.

That's a good point, I still have about 10-12 giant danio "target fish" that that I usually refer to as "the gang" due to them often becoming a snack. And well... Let's be honest they all look the same. Haha!

I just got a new girl betta that I named Daphnia. I also had some red wag platies who looked like they had black mustaches, so I named them Tom Selleck, Burt Reynolds, and Major Dan Sickles (Civil War guy).

Back
Top Bottom