How Many Otos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello there! I have a 55g tank that has been set up for about a year and a half. I've been waiting this long to get a few otos because I don't want them to starve (I mean I'll feed them veggies but I don't necessarily have those all the time), and to let it fully mature. I just want to know about how many would be best.

Here are the other fish for you all to get an idea.
x7 Diamond Tetras
x2 Curivceps
x1 Angelfish
x1 Peppered Cory (need to get him some friends... He's the last one of the original fish I had so he's pretty old)
x6 Panda Cories
x Albino Bristlenose Pleco

I was thinking about 5-6??? I know that they like to school but I am not too good on them as these are my first Otos!

Thanks a ton!

I say 10 easy and agree acclimate properly. As for schooling, maybe but the ones I've seen pretty much go on there own. They seem to just do there own thing.

Five, and acclimate them very slowly.

David
I will be sure to do that. Thanks.

I say 10 easy and agree acclimate properly. As for schooling, maybe but the ones I've seen pretty much go on there own. They seem to just do there own thing.
Well that's a difference in numbers! I will probably do about 6 or so. I will make sure to properly acclimate them as well:). Thank you all so much!

I have two in my 20 gallon and they school. Just saying. They have eaten every bit of diatoms within a week I am impressed!

Their pretty awesome algae eaters, i have three in my 20 gallon and they do an amazing job, better the Plecos i have had.

Back
Top Bottom